A permanant post for Highborn conversions

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Malgnus
Slave (off the Altar)

A permanant post for Highborn conversions

Post by Malgnus »

It is my humble opinion, especially as a first time poster, that a permanant place/post should exist to post links pictures and "how to" build highborn models. I just went through the painting and hobby section and I noticed at least two or three posts, and in the comments were various links.

Well this is obviously a hot topic, GW screwed us by not making a full line of miniatures for this army. So we have to help our selves. What we need is an easy place to find, a place that is always there.

The post, would not be for commenting or giving criticisms, but rather post a link, and tell how you made it. Thats it, If someone wanted advice/comments/critique, then they could make an individual post for such.

So whataya think.

Malgnus
Tastyfish
Arch-deviant of the Cult of Pleasure

Post by Tastyfish »

While it maybe a common problem, not sure if there is really any need to have a stickified post in P&M, there isn't an overwhelming number of 'WTF - No Highborns !!!?!' posts there, and there are so many factors (equipment, levels of skill) that I'm not sure how useful it would be. A generic 'how to convert a highborn' is not really any different than 'use Malus'
Want to write background or fluff for the Herald? PM me
Iyagd
Master Of Mirrors

Post by Iyagd »

Aa Tastyfish i dont think it is necessery either.
In P&M forum there are countless topics about converting HBs and Nobles, there's alwats at least one at first page. Just browse forum, not only first page but go further and You'll find tons of knowledge, if You put some effort in it. Check also d.net Album there are a lot of pic of converted HBs and Nobles.
Druchii Discussion moderator.
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

I disagree with the higher-ups on this one... :?
I think Malgnus' idea is perfectly reasonable. There are a certain number of "wut 2 use 4 noble?" threads. How annoying would a single sticky be when it'd allow us to regroup all the conversion tutorials and dispose of most of the above-mentioned threads?
Contrary to Malgnus, however, I believe that the thread should also be used for commenting - the idea would be to get rid of most of those useless "what model" threads, not replace them with "comment on conversion tutorial X" ones...
General Kala wrote:
Cenyu wrote:Hail to the King, baby.
All my eloquence fails to express it as well as this.
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lordsaradain »

why not have forum for 'how to beat chosen chaos knights' also XD.
Acually I have no problem with more forums, I feel all my post go into the 'Non-druchii Disussion' :D
Click here to find out how to convert cooler and cheaper models!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

LordSaradain wrote:why not have forum for 'how to beat chosen chaos knights' also XD.

Perhaps because this was asking for a sticky in P&M? :P
Have the higher-ups decided that the discussion should be dropped?
General Kala wrote:
Cenyu wrote:Hail to the King, baby.
All my eloquence fails to express it as well as this.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

A neutral shade of black. wrote:Have the higher-ups decided that the discussion should be dropped?
Yes. Iyagd is the highest one, and he said no to the suggestion.

Loremaster Nagathi
The Daemonwhisperer
Iyagd
Master Of Mirrors

Post by Iyagd »

I can only say that there will be new FAQ thread in P&M forum where we intend to include links to all the most interesting topic about popular issues, maybe converting HB/N aswell.
Druchii Discussion moderator.