Country forums

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Country forums?

Total votes: 0

Shamel
Trainee Warrior

Country forums

Post by Shamel »

Hi, I think it would be a good idea having a forum with a stick for every country, so people from the same country could date or talk about the activities in their countries. I know it could be a problem when trying to moderate because of the different languages, but it's easy to solve, if people follow the rules to speak just in English and use the PM when wanting to contact to each other. umm what do you think of it? I'll ad a poll. ;)
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lordsaradain »

Sure, why not.
Click here to find out how to convert cooler and cheaper models!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Not sure of it. Sure, there are plenty of dutch and swedish guys around here but, think for example, you and me ;) you're Spanish I suppose (Huelva) and I'm portuguese. I'm one of 4 and you're probably one of 8.. Not that useful. We just use pms, it's easier, simpler and more personal ;)
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

the problem with a thread of that kind is that i think it will get jumbled into a confusing mess rather quickly.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

If you're looking to find players in your nearest area, post something in the NDD forum. If you're out for some chatting, seek up the chatroom.

- Nag
Shamel
Trainee Warrior

Post by Shamel »

Hi ;) well, I didn't want those forums just to meet people near me, but I think it would be interesting and wouldn't suppose such a mess if people just speak in English as I'm doing now.

Anyway my main interest in those forums was meeting people from other countries, specially Portugal. My friends and me are creating a wargames association, and in some months (maybe a year) we'd like to organize an event with people from Huelva (Spain) and Portugal. Our town hall would surely pay the accomodation! so I think it would be cool starting with Portugal, and in some time, trying to bring people from other countries. It wouldn't be just to play warhammer... (we could have some problems with the languages, though i can speak english, german and portuguese appart from spanish and a bit of french...) but to share out interest for the hobby.

anyway i'm getting offtopic, but I wanted to say that it could be a nice idea to have those country forums, and wouldn't bother anyone! it's easy just to close a post if it's not in English!
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Great! Shamel, that's really great :) We have our own non-GW dependant tourneys, the GTS (in lisbon) and the GTN (in Porto). If you want our support, go to www.setti.tv as it is our forum :)
Thanasi the soulless
Trainee Warrior

Post by Thanasi the soulless »

Theres really no need for this because you can skim through for people from your own region. I personally found Australians with no hassle at all.
Long live the Witch King!
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

Erm... lock. Please keep an eye on the date and time of other members posts before replying in a topic (two years dude, come on :? )
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins