omg ahhhhh - removing a topic

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Do u think that we should b told if a post has been removed?

Total votes: 0

Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

omg ahhhhh - removing a topic

Post by Mr_piechee »

erm... a topic titled Why? has been re,oved, and i never got told... i got a e-mail saying some had replyed to it, and now its gone.. its not on search or anyhting...

could some1 who knows tell me exactly happened to it and Why??

this is the third time its happened to me (ever).. and its so annoying... i understand that some topics hav to go, but a simple reason would b great...
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

First, this belongs either in N-DD or as a PM to someone who could better answer you. Second, try searching all of your own responses and look for the one you think you lost. If it isn't gone, then there's nothing to complain about. If it is, I'd imagine you would receive a PM from the mod who deleted it explaining why. If not, probably either a flame war or OT caused the thread to be locked or deleted.
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

i did search for the hole thread and its not there.....

i havn't got anthing yet
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

The standard procedure is to notify someone if a topic is locked or deleted unless it is blatantly spam or breaks the rules. What was the topic about?

Oh, and I'm moving this to NDD.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

it was me asking why people put 1 dark peg, when its not very likly for a character to ride 2 dark peg....
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

I've moved this to suggestions. ;) Even though Kala moved it to NDD. Dude, you've really got to remove the report. ;)

Normally, I'd only delete a topic if it was duplicated someplace (ie, someone accidentally posted the same topic twice). Apart from that, I don't normally delete any topics. I think the only other case is if its blatant spamming and there's really no point to even keeping it locked. So, I may be lazy, but I'd rather not send PMs about that sort of thing as its mostly part of a cleanup process. ;)

I've not seen the topic you refer to though, so it wasn't me. ;) Sometimes though, there are odd code happenings that occur. There was a time when, if you deleted a post in a topic, the whole topic got wiped out. :?
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

Hmmm... it doesn't sound so bad. Perhaps it was just a mistake? I can't really tell you for sure, but someone will generally tell you why it was deleted so that you don't make the same mistake again. If this happens again, PM me and I will put the question out on the moderator board.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

sorry that was me, my net was acting up badly so by the time i was trying to send you the PM it locked up. glad you brought it up.

the reason the thread got deleted was because it had degenerated into borderline flaming between people and most assuradly spam. try posting it again and lets hope people can keep it on topic and remain polite.

sorry about not contacting you about it. *hangs head in shame*
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

thanks for getting in touch...

nah i got that answers i wanted, some1 will prob bring it up in the furture, and i'll post then.. thanks