Map for Head to Head Games on D.net

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Sha'a'alaar
The Ancient One
Location: Not eating a bacon sandwich, near Brighton, Britain

Map for Head to Head Games on D.net

Post by Sha'a'alaar »

With the growing trend of head-to-head games (a great development by the way) I was wondering if it would be worthwhile putting up a "standard" tabletop (map of) for the people who want to do this to deploy on.

This could cover the usual tournament type features (hill for each, woods, a building etc) but may ease the process of getting a game going. It would also allow a clearer comparison between armies and players if they are working on the same map.

If that was to work we could consider the use of an "advanced" or more trick map to play on too.

Anyway, just a thought.

cheers

Sha'a'alaar
Dalakh deathblow
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Dalakh deathblow »

good one! i'm looking forward to have my own head to head too so.. anyone? ;)
and on another topic, Robin had the idea to use power point so you can see the progress of the army during the battle.. i tried it and i think it's a good idea but since my drawing skill is not that good, maybe someone can contribute for the "official map" ? :p
Innocence proves nothing.
Z'gahn
The Touch of Death

Post by Z'gahn »

if you don't mind me asking, what do you mean with head-to-head games?
coz it sounds pretty cool ;)
Dalakh deathblow
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Dalakh deathblow »

you can find one of the topic here ;)
Innocence proves nothing.
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

it sounds look a good idea to me although i shall be watching Ras and Ash's one carefully and finding out what it details. i would go with the tourny features too, and working from the same map would make things alot simpler however the same placed terrain over and over again may get boring. perhaps an option for a fixed amout of terrai but allow it to be moved slightly?
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

There is no need for a standard map, not power point. The Head-to-Heads don't go beyond T.1 and as such no post deployment maps are produced and every one will want a different map, which is easy enough to put together. Paint works fine, as does Photo-shop etc... The fact that there are only 2 head-to-heads on the go demonstrates that there isn't the market to facilitate a "standard map".
Pleased to be back
Sha'a'alaar
The Ancient One
Location: Not eating a bacon sandwich, near Brighton, Britain

Post by Sha'a'alaar »

I think there may "only" be two so far is that people are watching these before starting more! But it is also something that will probably be running for a long time (I hope so anyway).

@Ras, the idea of a standard map to (a) make it easier for other players to start a head-to-heab and (b) to allow consistency across them thus making it easier to compare the choices.

cheers

Sha
Haplo
Highborn

Post by Haplo »

I think this is a great idea! They have something like this on warhammer.org.uk and it would be nice. It has 1" squares so things are really detailed.

http://warhammer.org.uk/PhP/viewtopic.php?t=14216
Baranthazul
Ewok of DOOM

Post by Baranthazul »

Woah. Haplo, this topic is 10 months old. Locked for necromancy.
---Baran
Forum Moderator-Druchii Discussion
Skiing consists of wearing $3,000 worth of clothes, driving 200 miles in the snow just to stand around at a bar and drink.