Slow Decay of Druchii.net

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Are Druchii.net's best days behind it?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:15 pm

Total votes: 0

Fleshcollector
Noble

Post by Fleshcollector »

It might be that d.net has seen its better days, though I wouldn't know because I'm new to warhammer and I'll not vote. But though the "golden days" either real or imagined have disappeared for some of you veterans, it should not go unnoticed that despite your own nostalgia, d.net is an inspiration to myself and I dare say to many other new players, without which, the game itsself would be less inspiring. You may have seen the same posts a milion times, and heard the same topic a thousand more, but to many it is still new, exciting, and inspirational. All of which will continue to inspire new players who want and need some friendly coaching, criticism, or advice.

Maybe it will help to know that all people become jaded, no matter where they come from, when their experience and knowledge dwarfs those with whom they share their space. Perhaps that nostalgia is the purpose for the upcomming 7th edition. But thats beside my point. I'm simply reminding you "old salts" that your continued assistance and interest is the only thing which will keep the newbies interest. I might suggest that the site could evolve in such a way that would continue to entertain you, though only yourselves know what it is you lack and what you seek here.

But remember that all empires fade away. and that nostalgia is the doom of all people. Unless they innovate.
Excuse me. I've come to harvest your flesh.
Binky
High Chief Lord Mod of Funnyness

Post by Binky »

I think I somewhat exemplify the old timers here, I much like Kyrel have not looked to this site for a long time, but an upsurge of nostalgia, I was out of Warhammer a long time before I ceased being active, but there was always a great sense of camaraderie here so I hung around for a couple of years more before disappearing completely. Gradually this forum lost many great posters, perhaps it's just the cycle of activity on such a long-standing forum, I don't know, I've not seen many which have stood as long as D.net, so I couldn't comment.

I don't think the Golden Era is a myth, I was in love with this forum for the longest time, great posters, a nice work and play balance, old heads and fresh blood, a huge number of boffins to bounce ideas off of and some driving force behind the numerous projects. Truth to tell, most, if not all of those things are still here and I'm sure, but for myself the loss of many of the old "faces" was a sore blow, although it's great to return after a millenia in the wilderness and still see Dark Alliance and Linda and Vorchild and the like still alive and kicking.

Unsure if my opinion is very valid, given my lack of awareness of happenings over the last well... Ages. But, like an ancient regaling you with dull tales of happenings when he was a lad, I bring you the opinion of one who was at the forefront of most things stupid and disruptive that happened on this forum back in the days when Disco Balls were in vogue.

~Binky/Injektilo/Death & Binky/Shallow/Oxygen etc.
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Binky, you should post more often man!

Remember dungeon_god? And the days of the 5ive?

We had some laughs and a half but we have all moved on somewhat, such is life.
Thefanaticking
Cold One Knight

Post by Thefanaticking »

The new army book will spark things back u again as will new models. It's just like anything really, it goes stale after awhile if nothing new is introduced, then you'll get a catalyst to jump start everyone's interest.

I predict 5 years from now the exact same question will be asked and the same answer given.
"As you know, you have to go to war with the Army you have, not the Army you want." - Donald Rumsfeld