Improve the gallery because it won't work on my computer!

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

General chaos
Corsair
Location: Driving stakes through the head of a unfortante wraithlord.

Improve the gallery because it won't work on my computer!

Post by General chaos »

Why won't the gallery work?! It just comes up with blank boxes! It'sso enoying! I wanna see the pictures! The only pics that show up are old ones! :evil: !mad! :x !evil! :badh:
Ashnari Doomsong wrote:I hope you don't mind me calling that a little pathetic?

General Chaos wrote:Oh well. 8) Your not the first one to use that comment against me.
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

GeneralChaos: i am sorry to say that the Album doesn't work on anyones pc, during the major site outage that we had over the summer.

our great Lord Kitrik had this to say in the "State of the Druchii.net Address" topic in the announcements forum.

What is NOT working yet:
RPG - this part of the site will be down for some time while I revamp it. I apologize to the hardcore RPGers out there, but I am focusing all of my energy in getting the main forums back up to speed!
Chat - not sure what's going to happen with this yet.
Album - I need to fix a few things with the album before it will start accepting uploads again. It is also due for a massive upgrade...

i hope that helped.
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Shadowrune
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Shadowrune »

Hi,

Nope, it didn't help much. There's nothing about it when it should be fixed. It is sad! It needs to be fixed or brought offline!
Don't start what you can't finish
Godsdienst is de vrijwillige celstraf van het verstand
Devoured_mazarine
Beastmaster

Post by Devoured_mazarine »

the admins are probably working on it as much as possible.
/Mazarine

Devoured_Mazarine's army blog
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=60598
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

Folks, saying "It must be fixed, this is sad, bleh" is not very nice when you consider that Kitrik devotes both his time and his money to allow this site to even exist. Without him, D-net wouldn´t be there for you to post disrespectful things like that.

I, too, would like to see the album back online, but Kitrik most likely has more to do than just run a forum. If he says he will fix it someday, he most likely will, but probably not tomorrow. Other forums don´t have a gallery at all and won´t ever have one, this one will (again). So stop bitching about it, and be patient.
It´s nice to be important, but it´s more important to be nice.
Noble korhedron
Empire General

Post by Noble korhedron »

Mornedhel wrote:Folks, saying "It must be fixed, this is sad, bleh" is not very nice when you consider that Kitrik devotes both his time and his money to allow this site to even exist. Without him, D-net wouldn´t be there for you to post disrespectful things like that.

I, too, would like to see the album back online, but Kitrik most likely has more to do than just run a forum. If he says he will fix it someday, he most likely will, but probably not tomorrow. Other forums don´t have a gallery at all and won´t ever have one, this one will (again). So stop bitching about it, and be patient.

Mord., I would not call it 'bitching'. I was shocked about the outage myself, but when I realised it was just an accident I quit worrying and just check every week 'til the site went back online.
Icon Hack wrote:Kitrik is EXTREMELY proficient with PCs, but he has been taking care of real life issues and has not been able to dedicate a great deal of time to non-essential site maintenance. This is a free site, everything about it is a gift from our benefactor.
The Warhammer Photo Society

Seriously GeneralChaos, I mean, don't get so worked up. Kitrik is VERY busy, with RL to deal with and also, I dunno exactly how proficient he is with PC's. He may just be unable to repair it himself. GIVE HIM TIME! Say, if it's not back in a fortnight, THEN you can start worrying!LOL!

Errm, no offence was meant to Kitrik, I just don't know him at all well. Therefore, I dunno how skilled he is with PC's.
Last edited by Noble korhedron on Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

NK.

http://ulthuan.net/forum
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.
Icon hack
Druchii Anointed
Druchii Anointed

Post by Icon hack »

Kitrik is EXTREMELY proficient with PCs, but he has been taking care of real life issues and has not been able to dedicate a great deal of time to non-essential site maintenance. This is a free site, everything about it is a gift from our benefactor. There is an old saying that addresses this sort of thing: "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."

Eventually, the album will be back online, but until then we all need to just be patient about it and use other means. Here is a link to an alternate location that many members of Druchii.net use to post pics:

The Warhammer Photo Society

Almost every post in the P&M forum has a link to another site where the pics are posted anyway.
Wishing everyone the very best, to the end of your days.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

There are also sites such as photobucket, photoshack and pix8 that offer free hosting for images.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

The album now works.

langmann
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."