Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Gibious
Highborn

Post by Gibious »

altough it has never happend to me i have always thought that posts go by wothout anyone ever posting on them and the member that posed it getting quite P'd off I could be wrong and if so Lock/Delete this post straight away

But if it is true that posts go by unnoticed i thought that maby you can set up a program in the future maby a bit more than that that would keep New posts in a way 'sticky' like to mods posts until at least 10 other members have viewed them then they become normal like all the other posts

therefore evey post will get the required attention

just an idear
...Well thats the end of my post
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Hey;

Trying to descipher what you're saying/asking. You want unread/unreplied to posts, to be sticky?

When I visit, I click "~x~ posts since your last visit" and I open almost all of them in new windows. I rarely miss new posts this way. It happens that people start topics and they get no replies, either because they get buried under other topics that are better covered, have already been discussed (ie. "Search button reply") don't have anythign to really contribute (rare) or miss the posts.

Don't be discouraged if no one replies.. just don't bump it after like an hour, like I've seen before. :roll:
;)

Fr0
Baranthazul
Ewok of DOOM

Post by Baranthazul »

It has happened to me, when I post an army list, that I get 0 or 1 reply. I've posted 5 lists in the last couple of months, and 1 has been replied to. However, I don't think that gibious' solution is practical. Doing this will clutter up the sticky section even more, so those important threads, like the faq go unnoticed.
---Baran
Forum Moderator-Druchii Discussion
Skiing consists of wearing $3,000 worth of clothes, driving 200 miles in the snow just to stand around at a bar and drink.
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

I'm not suggesting this be implemented, let me assure you. I just understand what he's saying. I've had threads get deleted, or ones that I vividly recall posting vanish. :?

Fr0
Amarel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Amarel »

baranthazul wrote:It has happened to me, when I post an army list, that I get 0 or 1 reply. I've posted 5 lists in the last couple of months, and 1 has been replied to. However, I don't think that gibious' solution is practical. Doing this will clutter up the sticky section even more, so those important threads, like the faq go unnoticed.
---Baran
I believe the issue here to be that if you post a generally pretty good army list people just don't have much to say about it. Conversely if it's really bad or really good people want to comment on it so it gets many more replies.
Still Serving Slaanesh
Owner of one too many armies...
Gibious
Highborn

Post by Gibious »

it was just a quick idear that occured to me and i though it could become sticky untill it sufficiantly noticed also most posts get replied within 2-3mins
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Fr0 wrote:Don't be discouraged if no one replies.. just don't bump it after like an hour, like I've seen before.

Wait at least 24 hours before bumping anything.That gives us posters the time to see it (most of us are in sometime each day, but not always during that particular moment you post things), and thus a chance to reply. Wait my fellow Druchii, just wait.

Nagathi
The Sacred Sentinel
Gibious
Highborn

Post by Gibious »

but if no one replies the post will dissaper off the page and will never be posted on
Angel of algebra
Assassin

Post by Angel of algebra »

hence the bumping.....(after 24hrs)

AoAlgebra :lol:
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

i though it could become sticky untill it sufficiantly
Not really, stickies just mean they don't go off the page, that doesn't ensure they are replied at. Take the History forum stickies for example... :roll:

also most posts get replied within 2-3mins
:lol: not really...

but if no one replies the post will dissaper off the page and will never be posted on
Aye, indeed. If no one wants to reply, then you cannot force them. You can try to put extra trouble in your posting to make it look more attractive, however. For example, posting an army list saying "2000 points Dark Elves" won't get much replies. We've all seen the same lists at 2k, twice at least. If it goes with some fluff, has a cool name (tip, don't put Dark in it... you can't get more corny than that ;)) or a good lay-out (colours work well, usually) then you can make it much more worthwhile for someone to post.
Gibious
Highborn

Post by Gibious »

but it may dissaper due to the lack of people actualy opening the post

it was a silly idear anyway
Dargor
Dark Rider

Post by Dargor »

Gibious wrote:it was a silly idear anyway

Then why did you post it in the first place? Next time around, try to evaluate the importance of your post before you post it; only post anything that you truly beleive is important. Either that, or stick to your opinion even if you feel people disagree with you. The way you're doing it now just leaves me with a somewhat bad impression.
I still hate signatures
Gibious
Highborn

Post by Gibious »

Dargor wrote:
Gibious wrote:it was a silly idear anyway

Then why did you post it in the first place? Next time around, try to evaluate the importance of your post before you post it; only post anything that you truly beleive is important. Either that, or stick to your opinion even if you feel people disagree with you. The way you're doing it now just leaves me with a somewhat bad impression.

ok then 'hate' me.
first impressions are powerful but are never totaly accurate whether they are bad or not

I was thinking about others which seemed important but it now seems that they dont need my help as everyone here is clearly making out to me,

Any way i never heard of any rule that you have to stick to your opponion no-matter what happens in the forum. Havent you noticed that many topics on this site have a slight persuasion in them?
Dargor
Dark Rider

Post by Dargor »

Gibious wrote:ok then 'hate' me.
first impressions are powerful but are never totaly accurate whether they are bad or not

I do not 'hate' you. I was just being honest. First impressions tell a lot indeed, but I won't judge you as a person based on what you have written earlier. I wasn't saying I got a bad impression of you anyway (that was not my intent at least), just that I got a bad impression of the thought behind this topic. I'm sorry if I offended you.

Gibious wrote:Any way i never heard of any rule that you have to stick to your opponion no-matter what happens in the forum. Havent you noticed that many topics on this site have a slight persuasion in them?

Oh sure, you're allowed to change your opinion, but that wasn't what you wrote. You said it was "a silly idear anyway", giving me the impression that you had thought so all along and just posted it to be annoying.
I still hate signatures
Gibious
Highborn

Post by Gibious »

Dargor wrote:I do not 'hate' you. I was just being honest. First impressions tell a lot indeed, but I won't judge you as a person based on what you have written earlier. I wasn't saying I got a bad impression of you anyway (that was not my intent at least), just that I got a bad impression of the thought behind this topic. I'm sorry if I offended you.

Nah ya didnt i was playing you around to see how you would react sorry if you felt bad about yourself in any-way. I like the comp in most of the topics i speak in and like any good general i take losses as good as if i won. So this topic is soon to dissapear as the main reason has diminished due to the obvious reason that it would clutter up the site

Dargor wrote:Oh sure, you're allowed to change your opinion, but that wasn't what you wrote. You said it was "a silly idear anyway", giving me the impression that you had thought so all along and just posted it to be annoying.

Be warned mod get quite p'dwhen someone is being 'annoying' but i would agree using the term anyway did make the impresion that i was thinking it all along
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Gibious, let it be known that Dargor has a dry sense of humour and is very blunt. He comes off the wrong way (from my experiences) but posts quite sensibly.

Understandably, he get annoyed when he sees a post as nonsensitical. ;)

We go back a little bit. :P

Fr0
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Ok people. Time to wrap this up and get going. Keep it clean.

Nagathi
The Sacred Sentinel