Healing Salve on the Slow Decay of Druchii.net

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Zentaricai
Malekith's Best Friend

Healing Salve on the Slow Decay of Druchii.net

Post by Zentaricai »

man, that post is still going...Who was that genious that posted it? ;)

Well, I haven't been posting at all lately for a number of reasons, but I'm not here to talk about the negtives, I'm here to be positive for once ( :shock: :shock: :shock: )...yes positive.

Me, like many others I imagine enjoy reading the Bat Reps in WD. It's what I look forward to the most in the magazine actually, other than new armies, and the painting/modeling sections.

So I was hoping that some of the founding members and Mods etc... of Druchii could concentrate more on Battle Reports, something EVERYONE could appreciate and that EVERY amy can get together on. I think there would be nothing better than seeing that overblown Blade List (yeah, just kidding DA, but I'd like it to meet my Strigoi list, lucky for you I live 3K miles away in Boston ;) )

And I'm not talking about the WD (model sales incentive Bat Reps) that pit moron vs. moron in attempt to sell rarely used units, but a fully detailed Bat Rep (in the style of WD) pitting some of the more famous Druchii.net Generals vs. one another and maybe some noob vs. noob Bat Reps to chuckle about.

Druchii.net could be known as THE place to view army vs. army, creative tactic vs. tactic, fluffy vs. cheese Bat Rep location on the net.
I think something like this could be something that EVERYONE would be interested in and psyched to read. Then and only then will this site begin to heal its Decayed Limbs and reach greatness once again.

There are endless possibilites as long as it's done correctly. Maybe members can even send in armies that "experts" can play for them against opponents...I'd love to put one of my Vampire Armies against a Red Legion or Blade List and see how it turns out.

There was this poster that did some killer Bat Reps a while back with diagrams and everything, that guy was great, I wish I remembered hsi user name to use as an example.

(John Belushi style) WHOSE WITH ME!
DON'T MONKEY WITH MY BUSINESS
Ant
Lord of the Venom Sword

Post by Ant »

Hey, I write bat reps! just cos I don't have a Druchii army you ignore me!!

Seriously though, writing those reports does get people reading your threads. You only have to look at mine and Xizor's threads in the Lesser races army lists section to see that! Incedentally, Xizor's last bat rep was a massive effort with diagrams and photos and everything. It must have taken him hours!

And there of course, lies the rub. Writing bat reps is very time consuming. It takes me a good hour to write a proper one. not everyone can spend this time writing about every game that they play. I know that DA for example really loathes writing the things. Almost no one has the time, ability and patience to draw accurate diagrams for each turn, not to mention remember what happened each turn!

Sorry to rain on your parade somewhat but, although I'm all for battle reports, I can accept that many people don't want to/can't write them all the time, even mods.

Druchii.net isn't dying anyway. It is still much, much larger, mre active and more well known than any other specific race (and most plain GW) forums I can think of, and I don't play Druchii!
Ash010110 wrote: I completely agree with Ant (Reynolds, I presume?).

(Please note, I am NOT Anthony Reynolds)
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

I've got a batrep that's going into the new "monthly" that's due out in January. I've tried to do good ones with pics and all that, but I can't every seem to make it work right as I don't think I have the right programs for it. Its a good idea though and I think I can sure make a better effort to post more batreps (not like I post many to begin with mind you).
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?