Usergroups.

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Is there a need for more usergroups?

Total votes: 0

General chaos
Corsair
Location: Driving stakes through the head of a unfortante wraithlord.

Usergroups.

Post by General chaos »

There needs to be more usergroups.
Some usergroup members haven't done anything for weeks, even months.
One member joined a group in 2004 and only ever made 1 comment.
More worthy and active dissucussionists should replace people like that.
More usergroups should be made too to give more people the chance to help their fav website out.
Ashnari Doomsong wrote:I hope you don't mind me calling that a little pathetic?

General Chaos wrote:Oh well. 8) Your not the first one to use that comment against me.
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

If you're talking about these usergroups, then you ought to know they have secluded forums, hidden from unaware eyes, and by a rule of thumb can only be seen if you're added to the group by the leader of said group.

Though activity has dropped.
General chaos
Corsair

Post by General chaos »

So what you r trying to say is that if a certain dissucussionist contributs alot to a forum or the website it's self there is a chance that they will be noticed and possibly accepted by a usergroup leader.

General Chaos wrote:Oh well. 8) Your not the first one to use that comment against me.
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

That happens as well, yeah.

However, it's much more common for a member to ring at a leader's door saying s/he is fit for joining, upon which s/he will be judged. As leader of the editors (custodians of the dark lore) I get a PM every so often from people asking to join, I send them a text they have to edit, and I see how well they did, if well enough I accept them.
General chaos
Corsair

Post by General chaos »

THANX! I really wanna jion the blackguard usergroup as i am that guy who looks at every topic in the 40k forum and I have posted more topics there in a week then anyone does in a year.

Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

So?
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

General Chaos wrote: I have posted more topics there in a week then anyone does in a year.

It's that sort of thing that gets people banned, you know. :lol:

Positions are allocated on merit, not post count. You have to do a lot more than post a few polls and moan about wraithlords to become a moderator...

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
General chaos
Corsair

Post by General chaos »

What should i do then?

Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Look at how the current moderators conduct themselves. Pattern yourself after that. You have to be responsible enough, as well. The position of moderator isn't just one that people hand out on a whim. Given that I'm not one, that's probably all I can tell you about it. They might have a list of rules somewhere that is more specific, but I haven't seen it.

Note: And don't let the prospect of power go to your head either, like some of the moderators have on occasion. ;)
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Sleekdd
Highborn
Location: Belgium, the only country where surrealism is a way of life.

Post by Sleekdd »

Ironically, those people asking for a position such as Black Guard or Moderator are more likely not suited for the task. Also, Linda Lobsta Defenda mentioned that they are not planning to enlist more moderators or Black Guard, at least for the time being.

If you really want to be a moderator, you can always create your own forum; frO has one I believe. You could ask around and see where he found the software? I believe it is free of charge even.
Great minds think alike.
So if you want diversity, try morons.
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

SleekDD wrote:Ironically, those people asking for a position such as Black Guard or Moderator are more likely not suited for the task. Also, Linda Lobsta Defenda mentioned that they are not planning to enlist more moderators or Black Guard, at least for the time being.

while it has happened that people that asked to become a mod has a while (usually a year or so) become one as you said the people that ask for something like that are usually the wrong kind. Should also be noted that barring i think around 2 current mods most of us where members for a very long time before being asked to pick up the responibility of being a mod. Because that is the only true test to show if a person is constantly on the level we are looking for. a moderator can (and once did) cause a LOT of pain to the site (for those that remember you know what I talk about, for those that dont just accept it as a truth it is a very painful lesson we learned).

While we appreciate that some members feel a need to strife towards becomming a mod here, and in fact we think it is flattering it is not something that you should count on. better to see how you can yourself do your part and perhaps one day your hard work will pay off.

Note that post count isnt what is a merit but quality and consistant high level of posts (sure we all go into a slump now and then and do stupid things that is the nature of being human) so..

oh forgot: yes eldcart (i am sure i am spelling this wrong so sorry) we do have a list somewhere, I think it was in thanees pants, last seen in the washer.. so.. I guess it is now long gone... ;) no we dont have a set of rules for what we look for in new mods, more we go with what we think would ne acceptable and then all of the mods make a vote (or all the admin/blackguard when it came to make new blackguards and so on).. so no high and mighty mysterious rules sorry.

anyway anough rambling and as SleekDD said we are not at this moment looking for new moderators having recently added some (like FrO and Rork). But you never know what the future holds.. *drifts mysteriously off into the fog*