Should we have Comp army list forums and themed/fun forums

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Ardent sinner
Malekith's Best Friend

Should we have Comp army list forums and themed/fun forums

Post by Ardent sinner »

I think splitting the army list forum into 2 might clean things up a bit and get clearer replies.

If you are just doing a themed army just for fun and people just try to make your list into theirs it can be annoying. Vice versa also.

What do you think?
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Well, I think that if you are descriptive in your Army list posts, then you will generally get the replies you are looking for.

For example, very seldom I see a person explain what they hope to do with the army, or what units they plan on assigning to which role.

If you mention that you are going for comp, then people will be a bit more receptive to that part, and not try to assemble you a list.

Generally people post lists for constructive criticism, and as a result some might not like the replies. When I post a list, I take what people say into consideration, and decide if it would help my list, and how it worked for them..

I don't think there needs to be a seperate forum myself, but nice idea. Again, if you are illicit in your post people might reply in the manner you want. ;)

Fr0
Bauglir
Beastmaster

Post by Bauglir »

i agree wit Fr0, if people make it clear in the thread titles what kind of army list they want to make that would be enough. there are not actually that many different lists going around at any particular time so i don't think there'll be any confusion. IMO there's no need for more fragmentation in the army lists forum
Malekith and Morathi meet Jerry Springer: read the complete saga here
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=37639

My Gallery: http://photobucket.com/albums/a18/senna ... warhammer/
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

I'll add to the choir ;). It isn't really necessary (stating your intent will be enough) and will only serve to confuse new players.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Ardent sinner
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ardent sinner »

That means that everybody has to type in a paragraph just to get people ready to read you list. I have clearly defined my plans for lists before but it took a lot of typing to do it. If I don't have to explain a bunch in every post that would be great.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Gromph Baenre wrote:That means that everybody has to type in a paragraph just to get people ready to read you list.

Paragraph? Sentence more like. All you have to say is "I built this army for friendly/tournament play."

Having two forums for the same thing is unnecessary, particularly since most people won't be building an army to be hardcore tournament style (We'll give MC his own forum :P ).

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

I'll add that: defining comp and themed and fun army lists vs tournament WAAC lists is a whole difficult kettle of fish to define. It can mean several different things to different people.

Even if we make two forums people will still have to explain their lists anyway.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Ardent sinner
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ardent sinner »

langmann wrote:Even if we make two forums people will still have to explain their lists anyway.

True enough. Maybe I have posted too many army lists and have gotten lazy in descriptions.