Why are 7th ED Topics being locked still??

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Prince of arnheim
Renegade Reaver

Why are 7th ED Topics being locked still??

Post by Prince of arnheim »

I am going to be the one to say this.

I think it is absolutely rediculous that the 7th Edition threads are all being piled into one discussion thread still. The new edition is here! Let's move on with our lives. This website needs some new discussion topics!! All I get to read about is newbie army lists on here......we know what the new rules changes are.....so why should we be held back in discussing how they will affect our armies??
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

If I'm not mistaken, the realease date is set for September 9th - so I'm assuming we'll keep it all in one place until then.
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Threads that have something specific to say about 7th edition are ok in the Tactics forum.

Threads that say something very broad and general like "what effect is 7th Edition going to have?" are another thing.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Site polciy on this matter is well documented. Given that 7th is not here, general speculation and rumours are confined to the 7th ed thread to prevent the forums filling up with the same thing, and to prevent hundreds of pointless posts amassing.

If all you can find is supposed N00B lists then perhap you should consider doing something about it.
Pleased to be back
Prince of arnheim
Renegade Reaver

Post by Prince of arnheim »

well I posted a very official link to a GW website article....and for no reason at all it was locked......I actually feel that it was locked just because it was me that did it.

The article was a goof overview of the 7th edition and how it will affect each army. It is even on the GW website. Why the peeps would be allowed to discuss this is beyond my knowledge......as it not only confirmed alot of rumours but also gave a good outlook on how each army will be affected in general.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

General Kala reposted that link in the 7th edition thread and gave you full credit for finding it IIRC...
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Ras made a sticky announcement here and it lead you here where the rumours are.. since the book isn't out yet. Linda had also posted asking others not to make threads due to 7th not being officially released.

In the meantime, since no one can effectively clarify questions; please refrain from posting them.

Fr0
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

well I posted a very official link to a GW website article....and for no reason at all it was locked......I actually feel that it was locked just because it was me that did it.

Nonsense. It was undoubtedly locked because it breached rule previously mentioned to keep the forums clean and tidy. And also like mentioned your link was simply moved to the appropriate place. Nothing to worry about really.

Ras
Pleased to be back
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

Fr0 wrote:In the meantime, since no one can effectively clarify questions; please refrain from posting them.

Apart from those of us with Rulebooks ;)

I think it very much makes sense to keep it all tied up in one place untill the general release of 7th - 09/09

I also think its unfair to judge all army lists being posted as "noob", also if this is the case (which I really doubt!) then maybe instead of slating them we could be helping to evolve them? Also im sure you wouldnt much like it if your lists were refered to in this way?

Have fun,

X
The Black Sun Weekly - an AoS Podcast

Follow me on Twitter; @the_black_sun
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Xizor wrote:
Fr0 wrote:In the meantime, since no one can effectively clarify questions; please refrain from posting them.

Apart from those of us with Rulebooks ;)

Exactly baby, I want your rulebook! :D

Still nonetheless, I think that until it's officially released, we should all refrain from posting 7th ed questions. ;)

Fr0
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

There are some interesting changes in 7th, some of which are beneficial to the Druchii.

Out of respect to the contacts at GW that druchii.net has, we have a policy of not posting information on copywrited material here.

The GW article that Prince Arnheim found did, quite frankly, a very useless job of explaining the potential benefits of 7th to the DE. This is likely due to the fact that GW is trying to keep 7th a secret yet build some sort of hype. Hence while it is interesting, I would not think it warrants any particular attention that the already open 7th ed thread cannot give it.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Exactly baby, I want your rulebook!

Just about every local GW should have a copy available for perusal - even if they hide it under the counter and only show it to regulars.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors