Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
posts since you have been gone? 
Highborn

why do the posts i made show up here? did i log off to fast after posting? or does it go by posts read and since i didn't read my post it pops up? this just does not make sense to me and is a minor annoyance when going through 100 or more posts and the annoyance grows the more times your posts show up :roll: . that said this is only a monor pain, and as i would like to see this removed it is not high on the list of life's issues ( i know finals week) so no big hurry. ;)

Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:08 pm
Loremaster

I'm not sure what you're saying here. When you log in after a while, right down at the very bottom, it might include a thread and a post that you made, but that's not really something that I think you can remove off the top of my head.

Initiative Leader - Editors

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:09 am
Profile WWW
Trademaster

When you go to the homepage, on the left hand side, providing you are still logged in.. there is something that says
~x~ posts since you last visit, you can click on that. It's also at the top if the forums, top left.

Alternately I suppose you can click here

Fr0

Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:00 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Malekith's Best Friend

Possibly because you most likely haven't read the posts you made or because the system puts a marker on your account when you login and just brings up all new posts between that marker and the one created when you next login.

Bring on the dancing squirrels!

Consolecommunity.com - For all your gaming chat and meet-ups

Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:57 am
Cold One Knight

I have noticed that if you post in a thread but then do not click on that thread again after you have posted. It will be on the new posts threads list. But of course they will always be at the bottom because the last time you posted is going to be less recent then any posts you have made since you left.

Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:07 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

I believe the list is just a simple comparison of the time/date on the posts versus the time/date of your last log-in -- it doesn't care who the author is.

Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:21 am
Profile WWW
Beastmaster

An easy way to get this problem out of the world: Look on the most-right side when you check it (under last post). If it's your name, you were the last to post, and you don't have to check it. Problem solved ;)

Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:37 pm
Brolock
Brolock

I have noticed this, but never more than one post of my own at the very bottom of the new posts page. Its always the last item of the search and it doesn't show the "new replies" indicator beside the thread. Frankly, I don't see what the problem is here.

FAQ

Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:44 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]