A Fluff WiKi instead of fluff forum

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

A Fluff WiKi instead of fluff forum

Post by Daeron »

Wouldn't it be cool to just have a WiKi for our fluff stories? One could write a whole story and link relevant parts to other stories of the universe. The point would be to have a library with fluff that also contains metainformation and so readers could navigate the stories based on stuff such as:
- historical timeline
- involved characters
- involved items
- bloodlines etc..

Of course, the point is for us members to add and complete stories. The software for it is open-source and has pretty much the same requirements as phpBB.

How about that? :)
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

The amount of content that would need to be added to the wiki is enormous, and would, I think, take far too long to put down in coherent form.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Kormin sombracier
Corsair

Post by Kormin sombracier »

A wiki for fluff (but official fluff this time) already exist in german (very active), in english (middly active), and in french (abandoned :cry: )

It call Lexicanum i think. ;)
French website about Asur and Druchii: http://ulthuan-naggaroth.over-blog.com/
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

Lexicanum can be foundhere .. now we know where Eldacar gets his information.. :lol:
Class: Warrior
Ws: 6 dex: 4 str: 4 T: 3 Int: 4
Skills: Awareness, Defensive fighting, Parry
Equipment: Medium armor, Longsword, 2 Throwing daggers, 50 gold coins

Don't forgive, don't forget
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Actually, I use different sources. The Lexicanum is somewhat useful, but IMO it's a bit too sparse on the whole.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

I will now quote several bits from this Lexicanum about Malekith.

Malekith is the son of the legendary first king of the Elves, Anarion, and the witch Morathi.

Witch? As in, Witch Elf? :P
Because of his direct blood relation to the Druchii he was denied rule of the elven kingdoms, despite his rightful place as Phoenix King. He tried to pass through the Eternal Flame, but was burned, proof of his unworthiness to be king.

So first it's good, and then it's not? Sounds unclear to me, especially to someone who doesn't know the full story...
There they settled and erected their black cities, including the capital Naggarond.

Erected, or put them into the ground?

Malekith calls himself the Witchking and rides a mighty black Dragon into battle. ruling the lands of the Dark Elves while plotting against the day when he will take the throne as Phoenix King.
Yes, surely he plots against the day when he will take the throne :P

In the past, befor he got his black dragon Seraphon, Malekith drove in a Chariot pulled by Cold Ones. In that time he ordered all other battle charriots in Naggaroth to be destroyed, so that he owned the only remaining exemplar. Now and today Cold One Chariots are a normal Part of the Dark Elf Army again.
Ignoring the grammar mistakes, where's the part about his dragon before the chariot?

And I'm not even trying :P
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Feels like a bad translation.

But I was hoping a Fluff Wiki for our own Dnet history. I thought of this when I was writing my own fluff. I use a lot of magic items, special places and characters which sometimes have a story of their own. Rather than blending these stories magically into 1, which is probably too difficult for my writing skill, I was thinking of separating these topics into different articles and having links in between the stories.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Lethalis wrote:I will now quote several bits from this Lexicanum about Malekith.

Who are you?

Eldy, you should add some more to it if some of you want to revive it. ;)

Fr0