Extra's for the site

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Extra's for the site

Post by Daeron »

Greetings,

Recently I have implemented a combat/shooting calculator for Warhammer (viewable at http://dieter.srs.be/Syriath ). I have noticed Rork maintaines a thread with links of such calculators but I was wondering if Druchii.net would be interested in having such a calculator integrated in the site. If so, how would you web-dudes prefer it? By receiving the PHP code and hosting the calculator yourselves or would you prefer me creating a sort of "portal-site" which you can 'include' in your website.
I could write a sort of form with the required stats which you include on the desired page. The form would send the form to my calculator and fetch the results in clean HTML code which can be easily integrated in the site's style.
I would then maintain the calculator and update it as new features are added without Dnet moderators/administrators being charged with yet another responsibility.

What do you guys think about it, or what is your general attitude towards adding such features to the site?

Daeron
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Lakissov
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lakissov »

would be a nice thing to have, dude

I made one in excel approximately a year ago, but it has several small mistakes that i don't find time to correct.

I will sure check you calculator out to test it and give feedback.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Additions to the site like that are really down to the webmasters. They have a better appreciation of the technical and security implications of adding stuff to the site.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I am all ears to their demands ;)
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze