mobile version of druchii.net?

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Dggrj
Malekith's Personal Guard

mobile version of druchii.net?

Post by Dggrj »

So I have a new toy through work, a 3G enabled pocket pc phone, and so I tried to browse to my favorite site (after google), and I found that the formatting on Druchii.net is TERRIBLE for 320x240 screens. The reason is that the name/icon column doesn't shrink,
so the posts
have to be
read like
this in a
tiny column.

Needless to say, it sucks. How many people would find a mobile-friendly version of d.net useful?
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

What was it exactly that prevented you from just using a computer to open the site?
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Dggrj
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Dggrj »

The point is that I want to access it from my phone when away from computers. Maybe I wasn't clear that the "toy" is mine to use and take with me wherever, not just at work with a computer next to me. Smartphones and pocket PC's are becoming more and more common, and I'm not asking for a complete portal just for them, but maybe like a "light formatting" option, like the way sites used to have "text only" for people with slow connections, that would be a little friendlier to them. That shouldn't be too hard to do, and I'd be wiling to attempt to help.
Linda Lobsta Defenda wrote:dggrj is correct
Woot! If it's only ever said once, I couldn't ask for a better person to say it.
Lakissov
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lakissov »

i think this would be a good idea. I remember watching d.net form my PDA, and it was really looking ugly.