Should Druchii.net provide information for other armiesalso?

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Should Druchii.net have forums for other armies?

Total votes: 0

Ninja economist
Warrior

Should Druchii.net provide information for other armiesalso?

Post by Ninja economist »

I'm a Dark Elf player but I've also tried out some other armies. What I've found is that there is no site on the internet for other armies that comes even close to matching Druchii.net. It's combination of skilled writers, players with proven success and regular visitors cannot be found anywhere else. As I've thought of also trying to play the Empire I've visited sites for Empire players but I've always ended up quite dissappointed. Being used to Druchii.net you tend to get irritated on the lack of regular posts, members with good insights and people with good tactical knowledge that other sites provide.

Now, this is of course a problem for these other sites, but I think that if Druchii.net would dedicate a few forums for other armies as well we could very possibly take over these other sites' members. I've actually found better information for playing other armies here on Druchii.net than I have from other sites.
Last edited by Ninja economist on Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dggrj
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Dggrj »

You know when I read the title I was like "GRR! NO! Spill their blood and bathe in it in the name of Khaine, for we shall not disgrace Him with their presence on these hallowed grounds!"

But I've been thinking about Empire, too, and people lately say they got the shaft, so I wonder if maybe I should be asking about it here...
Linda Lobsta Defenda wrote:dggrj is correct
Woot! If it's only ever said once, I couldn't ask for a better person to say it.
Dalakh deathblow

Post by Dalakh deathblow »

And change the name of the forum to 'Druchiiandthelesserraces.net' ? :P
D.net do have a lesser race discussion forum under the 'Warhammer Fantasy Discussion'. As for the hi-jacking idea, hm you can't always have it all can you? ;) Besides, I think the other forums do have some interesting points as well. TVI is pretty famous amongst Empire player for instance, and the guy do have lots of good points IMO.
Innocence proves nothing.
Lord of the morning
Trainee Warrior

Post by Lord of the morning »

They dont have a forum for just chaos but in the WHFB forum I can almost always find the answer that I need. I support having some subforums for armies, but I dont know how much they would be frequented.
May I present The Dragon Reborn, He Who Comes with The Dawn, the Car'a'carn, the Cooramoor, The Prince of the Dawn, The Lord of the Morning, the King of Illian, and True Defender of the Light, Rand al'Thor.
RIP Robert Jordan
Dggrj

Post by Dggrj »

True... and I don't want to see a ton of other army topics in that (freaking obnoxious) marquee pane on the left. The occassional 40k is fine, we almost all play chaos it seems :p, but if it were dominated by Lizards this and Bretonnians (Kill, KILL!) that, it'd be pretty annoying. Yeah, we should stay as is most likely.
Aleraen
Cold One Knight

Post by Aleraen »

There is a Warhammer Fantasy forum already attatched to D.net where you can ask questions or seek advice from the members of the community on whatever army you wish. I personally see no need for forums beyond the one provided.
Aleraen Gleamfollower
High-Consort of Army Wide Hatred
<Sirist> So you won't lose me. I'm still around. I'm just in you, and in everyone I've known.
Xzanth
Trainee Warrior

Post by Xzanth »

dggrj wrote:True... and I don't want to see a ton of other army topics in that (freaking obnoxious) marquee pane on the left.
You could have two marquee's one for Druchii stuff one for Other Stuff?
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

There's plenty of general info already here plus there's places to talk about it. Making forums for other races would be redundant imo.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Dggrj

Post by Dggrj »

Xzanth wrote:
dggrj wrote:True... and I don't want to see a ton of other army topics in that (freaking obnoxious) marquee pane on the left.
You could have two marquee's one for Druchii stuff one for Other Stuff?

Arrgh, no! No marquees! Two boxes if so, but no scrolling! X-O
Xzanth
Trainee Warrior

Post by Xzanth »

dggrj wrote:Arrgh, no! No marquees! Two boxes if so, but no scrolling! X-O

Theres a Topic discussing that Entitled Suggestion on front page
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

We have a pretty tight forum structure right now. I find that individual forums for each race can "ghetto-ise" the less popular ones - the number of players is already small, and that reduces the audience who might look at them, too.

It's the one aspect of Librarium Online I don't like (In total they have over 100 forums), and the system we have here seems to work well enough.

We do keep an eye on the forum structure and change it if something isn't working.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Ant
Lord of the Venom Sword

Post by Ant »

I would certainly prefer the "warhammer fantasy" forum split into army lists and tactics/discussion (ie 2 forums). The 3 we had before the latest structure changes did mean that the "lesser races tactics" forum was underused, but I think having just 2 would work. It can be annoying wading through tactics and discussion/question threads when you are looking for a couple of armylists.
Ash010110 wrote: I completely agree with Ant (Reynolds, I presume?).

(Please note, I am NOT Anthony Reynolds)
Fleshcollector
Noble

Post by Fleshcollector »

I don't want to have to sift through Beast, Chaos, Empire, Dwarves, Bretonnia, Vampires, Tomb Kings, Rat-folk, Orcs and Goblins, Ogres, Chaos Dwarves, High Elves, Wood Elves, Dogs of War, Lizzardmen, or any one I missed to get to the threads that I seek when I go to D.net which is kDARK ELVES.

Perhaps it could be done better than it is now (although don't fix what ain't broke) but why? That clutter is better handled on each individual site, which d.net provides handy links to.

Clutter considerations should be assessed before any radical changes.

We fear change.
Excuse me. I've come to harvest your flesh.
Darthken
Assassin
Location: Australia, the place where kangaroo's hop down the street with a can of fosters in their pouch

Post by Darthken »

should leave it as is i come druchii net for one thing DARK ELVES.
druchii net has been up and running for years now. they provide plenty of links to use.
it will just take time for other sites to catch up.
you don't know the power of the darkside
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

i like the way it is. and we already are discussing other armies here, so please Dnet: stay the way you are!

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Uman
Cold One Knight

Post by Uman »

I voted "yes - in a forum called Other Armies" but I don't mean that Druchii.net HAS to include other armies - I just think that if there are others being discussed - it can go in a separate area :)