Recent replies page?

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Mandrathrax
Trainee Warrior

Recent replies page?

Post by Mandrathrax »

Perhaps some sort of plugin or page in the User CP that shows you what threads you've replied to recently. Many other forums have these (warseer.com is a good example) and they're durn handy.
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

You can click the "Watch this topic for replies" link right below the "post reply" button. Alternatively, you could just remember what threads you've posted in and click the "New Posts" link on the front page.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Dggrj
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Dggrj »

There are several small tweaks that need to be made to this site (menus menus menus!! Why can't I middle-click them?) and if another site has it so should we, but those in charge are very hesitant to make changes, understandably.

I was trying to spearhead a group to update the page but then I got busy and fell off the face of the site for a while, I'll see if I can't stir some interest up again (and actually follow through this time myself) ;)

Find out more about the way warseer does it and let us know if you want to help, Mandrathrax! (I'm actually NOT a member there - I'm a one-forums-kind-of-guy).
Linda Lobsta Defenda wrote:dggrj is correct
Woot! If it's only ever said once, I couldn't ask for a better person to say it.
Mandrathrax
Trainee Warrior

Post by Mandrathrax »

Loki17 wrote:You can click the "Watch this topic for replies" link right below the "post reply" button. Alternatively, you could just remember what threads you've posted in and click the "New Posts" link on the front page.

Yeah that's how "warseer" does it. There was this one time, where some general discussion got so tactic-ey that i thought it was in the tactics forum. I spent 1/2 an hour looking for it before i remembered "oh right".

Secondly, when I actually start accumuating my army, and not just playing with proxies borrowed from my 3 large warhammer 40,000 armies, I'll probably become quite active, meaning that I'm not going to remember every thread I'm responding to. I think this is true for many people, but not sure.

Reclicking "Notify me when a reply is posted" every time is worse than a "watch this topic" button for convenience reasons. I'm not saying the lack of this feature is BAD, really, I'm just saying there's a small improvement to be made. It's really my only suggestion - the only thing I find that this site can improve on - and I think that if it's this petty, than your site MUST be doing well.
dggrj wrote:There are several small tweaks that need to be made to this site (menus menus menus!! Why can't I middle-click them?) and if another site has it so should we, but those in charge are very hesitant to make changes, understandably.

I was trying to spearhead a group to update the page but then I got busy and fell off the face of the site for a while, I'll see if I can't stir some interest up again (and actually follow through this time myself) ;)

Find out more about the way warseer does it and let us know if you want to help, Mandrathrax! (I'm actually NOT a member there - I'm a one-forums-kind-of-guy).

Haha cool. I'm relatively inactive on Warseer ATM, but from what I remember it just has standard forum features. This site is just as convenient, on average, in it's layout. I just had that one suggestion to make.
Dggrj
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Dggrj »

I actually don't like Warseer's layout, to anyone who thinks I'm bashing us - no way. This site is great. Just those tweaks (and I know someone said they had a menu written for us that would enable middle-clicking it and such).
Mandrathrax
Trainee Warrior

Post by Mandrathrax »

Hmm to me it's all standard forum stuff.

You know what Warseer has that I'd like to see here? multiquote.

you can kind of "check off" different posts if you want to quote a bunch of things, and then they're all there in chronological order of posting time. Can you do that here without a bunch of cut+pasting? I haven't found out how.

Dggrj: what would middle-clicking do?
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

Mandrathrax wrote:\
Reclicking "Notify me when a reply is posted" every time is worse than a "watch this topic" button for convenience reasons.

As far as I know, this is what happens. If you click the "Watch This Topic" it gives you a notification every time there is a new reply.

Middle clicking, or clicking both buttons at once, in Firefox opens a new tab instead of navigating the current window.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Mandrathrax
Trainee Warrior

Post by Mandrathrax »

Loki17 wrote:Middle clicking, or clicking both buttons at once, in Firefox opens a new tab instead of navigating the current window.

oh. i thought it was just ctrl+click that did that. cool.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

phpBB 3 has a page for all the topic you've replied to, which you can clear and edit as you wish.

~ Nag