Update the friggin strats

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Myelisik
Trainee Warrior

Update the friggin strats

Post by Myelisik »

The DEs got a major update in this addition and the static hall of fame strat lists need to be updated or deleted. Druchii are used differently now and our hall of fame threads should reflect the new DEs not the old.

-Myelisik
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Hi, Myelisik, welcome in D.net.

We have 14636 registered users
The newest registered user is Myelisik

You're right!
Unfortunately, not much with a similar quality has been written since the coming of the present army book.

Presently, the closest attempt to a hall of fame is the D.R.A.I.C.H., that you can find on top of the tactics forum.
Not really similar as the good old quality that you would hope for.
I highlighted the most interesting threads with a blue star (or ** or *** for the best).
More about units and army lists than about tactics, but there is some as well.

If you cannot find something, make it! ;)
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Those lists were awesome once. Are we going to remove Muhammad Ali from the Hall of Fame because either Klitschko could beat the tar out of him?
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Myelisik
Trainee Warrior

Post by Myelisik »

aight Layne i can see a point to that. But how about removing info related to the Gauntlet and CoS lists seeing they're not sanctioned anymore. Just from the FAQs when u join. I know many of you haven't joined in awhile so i recommend the admins go through the process with Alts and clean it up.

-Mye
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Just because the lists aren't legal anymore, doesn't mean new players can't learn from them.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Myelisik
Trainee Warrior

Post by Myelisik »

Layne wrote:Those lists were awesome once. Are we going to remove Muhammad Ali from the Hall of Fame because either Klitschko could beat the tar out of him?

Myelisik wrote:aight Layne i can see a point to that.

anyway not much to learn from gauntlet of power being something u need to read when u join.
Mangara
Trainee Warrior

Post by Mangara »

Mye, has anyone told you that you type with an air or "I know everything"? because you do. It's a lesser sin than personal attacks. I will moderate you. - Layne.

As was pointed out those lists and strats can still be learnt from and looked at for ideas, especially tactics wise. As MSU isn't as popular as it used to be it is still viable and all of those strats were written in the hay-day of Druchii MSU. Of course people aren't expected to read about the GoP anymore but who does it honestly hurt having that stuff there to look at, if for nothing else a little bit of reminiscing.
Lakissov
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lakissov »

Actually, Myelisik has a valid point (and I didn't find his tone offending or something like that). I also would like to see the hall of fame in the Druchii Tactics forum updated. Of course, it doesn't mean that anything needs to be deleted - merely that some new threads, pertaining to 7th edition, should be added (threads should be deleted only in cases if they are not usable under new edition, and most threads still are, of course).
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Yes, now that's very much more to the point. In many ways the Draich has this covered, but it would be a good idea to go over and add something to the Hall of Fame featuring new and excellent lists. I'm not particularly bothery, but who knows, if all the world cried out?
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Myelisik
Trainee Warrior

Post by Myelisik »

Thank you Layne Lakissov, and Mangara i didn't mean to sound offensive. I know mods and admins haven't gone thru the process in a long time themselves so they're likely to forget what a new join actually sees. I can just see some newbie reading the Gauntlet stats and running off and fielding it, or something to that nature. :roll: