Page stretching

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Page stretching

Post by Mr_piechee »

I'm noticing allot of users posting images straight into posts instead of as links these days, which is quite nice. It means you don't have to go away form the page to carry on reading it.

However, lots of people seem to be adding very large images into threads which stretch the page width. This is incredibly annoying! scrolling in two directions to read a single post is just plain stupid! It gets even worse when the large image is mainly background with the miniature or subject only taking up a small proportion of the image.

Anyway, my suggestion is to add to the forum rules that images in posts can't stretch the page. I assume that this is somewhere around 600px wide?

It takes little effort to crop an image or to shrink it, and less effort to link to it, so there's really no excuse for it.

PieChee
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

From memory, this is actually part of the P&M rules.

Members should be following these when posting images of their models.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

Just checked and your right! its 800x600px max. I'll start clicking the report button when i see them :twisted:
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

Indeed, use the report button. MDK and I count on the participation of every responsible d.net member in keeping P&M user-friendly!
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854