The Feedback Thread

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

The Feedback Thread

Post by Vorchild »

Though we hope to at sometime replace this thread by an email address, we though we'd try to get some feedback from everyone anyways, so this is our short term solution. ;)

Feel free to post any suggestions, comments, or feedback related questions about the site here. Thanks. :)
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

I would just like to add to Vorchild's comments there, in that the idea is to get feedback on the various changes that occur. Like the Lesser Races forums for example.
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Guys, just a suggestion :) Why not a d.net adress linked to a gmail adress? we have space and the d.net name on it.
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

That's the wort of idea we have eventually, but we require Kitrik to setup an address like feedback@druchii.net. No worries though, we'll get there eventually. ;)
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
One-eye
Beastmaster

Post by One-eye »

hi im sorry if this has been done to death but i am new. How is that the members are "promoted". I looked around a bit and couldnt find anything explaining it.
Yours,
Quel-Thas
He is both tactically minded and a savage fighter. He is feared throughout the Drakwald and rightly so, known by many names he is best known as One-Eye.

http://www.marksketch.blogspot.com - Check out my website today!
Loran
Destroyer of Worlds
Location: Finland, the country people always think has penguins and polar bears walking in the streets...

Post by Loran »

The more you post, the higher rank you get. There should be a list of the ranks somewhere but I can't remember where. So if you want to get of the altar, you better post something :)

- Loran
<+Hyarion> "Loran may cause addiction to mindless online games"

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

depends on how you mean promoted. if you mean the title under your name (in yoru case slave on the alter) then that is raised through posting (see the FAQ threadin the general forum).

if you mean promoted to moderator/Black Guard then those are handled by the admin and moderators. we appoint new people as they are needed and then we select a few of the long standing members that we deem hold the standard we want and among ourselves we have a quick voting.
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

We've just recently made some changes to the forums in the way they are organized. Did anyone notice any difference? ;) I'm sure some people did, but let us know what you think even if you didn't notice. :)
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Drasanil
Dru Perim

Post by Drasanil »

You mean the whole lesser races thing? While think it' nice not to see non-druchii related things pop up in dark elf forums and not to see army lists pop up in non-druchii discussion, I find it makes very little difference over all, the change is purely cosmetic for the most part and doesn't really affect the over all atmosphere of the site in my opinion.

EDIT: As for the 40k forum, I don't much care for the game, and I hope it doesn't spawn further non-fantasy related forums, but it doesn't make a big difference, considering most 40k players would go to a 40k related forum rather tha a race specific fantasy one.
The truth behind the Sundering:
Rork wrote:High Elf: "I'm not fat!"
Dark Elf: "Of course you're not, dear. You've just grown lazy and indolent and wrecked the inheritance for our children!"
High Elf: "I want a divorce."
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

Yeah, I meant the new forums as well as how some forums were shifted about. You'll notice that there's now an entire categary for forums dealing with campaigns and stuff like that. But yeah, they are mostly cosmetic changes.
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Vorchild wrote:Yeah, I meant the new forums as well as how some forums were shifted about. You'll notice that there's now an entire categary for forums dealing with campaigns and stuff like that. But yeah, they are mostly cosmetic changes.

Heh - I just noticed. Wouldn't've without the mention (then again, I only ever browse T7C and the History forums using the actual bar - the rest is done thanks to the hefty "new topics" function). Anyway, they may be purely aesthetic, but they're sure as hell welcome. Additionally, the LR forums were a great idea - it unclutters NDD.
As for the subject of a 40k board in these waters - I'd be all in favour, though you might want to ignore my opinion seeing as I play the thing. It's just that we have our share of local experts concerning 40k, and that some of us a really quite attached to this little community of ours - I'd much rather be posting 40k stuff here than any other, less familiar forum, however great it may be (like the sadly departed Portent, for ewample).

- A.
General Kala wrote:
Cenyu wrote:Hail to the King, baby.
All my eloquence fails to express it as well as this.
Mielkith
Assassin

Post by Mielkith »

Can't say I care for a 40k forum. This is the biggest warhammer race specific site if I recall (or something close to that title). There are plenty of 40k forums out there. I always felt this was a place for the fantasy side of the game.

I know its been around for a while now but I was over joyed at the addition of the Mordheim forum. My prefered game is Mordheim, my prefered warband, Dark Elfs. It seemed to me a god send. Through it we have a chance to revise the DE warband list, which I am thankful for.

Lesser races, again splitting off from Druchii a bit, but there is alot happening in the fantasy world, its nice to have a place devoted to it. Lesser Races was a fine name choice by the way.
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

The creation of the Lesser Races was for two reasons. First it uncluttered somewhat the NDD and offered members the chance to really get into discussions about the other races out there as many of us, myself included, own other armies.

Secondly there is an associated benefit to Druchii players, especially new players and those with few opponents, in that it offers an opportunity to learn more about the other armies. Their composition, their tactics, how they work etc

40k was again done to pool all the threads together and put some order into the NDD, but more importantly make 40k posting more user friendly for our members.
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

Goodbye.
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

Thanks for changing it. :)
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Auric stormcloud
The Black Serpent

Post by Auric stormcloud »

Vorchild wrote:Thanks for changing it. :)

No problem, I actually changed it. Thanks to Sneaky for pointing that out. ^_^;
Poo-tee-weet?
Tharashar
Warrior

Post by Tharashar »

I am relative new at this forum and I have some problems with shorted words.
Can you please explain what msu/mse stands for?

thx
Honour the Craft of Death
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=12168

This should help :)

Welcome to D.net
The Black Sun Weekly - an AoS Podcast

Follow me on Twitter; @the_black_sun
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Remember people, if you have questions about anything regarding the site, try looking at our Site FAQs before. If that won't help you, feel free to send a message to our Moderators. I do not mean to offend anyone, but this thread is for feedback.

Nagathi
The Daemonwhisperer
Doriili bariiliia
Raiding Baron

Suggestion

Post by Doriili bariiliia »

I Strongly suggest seeing if their is a spell check plug in for the forum system you are using. It can greatly help posting especially in Forums where there are a number of member using English as a second langauge. Oh and also good for Native English speakers who can't spell.
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

I think this site needs a feedback thread!!

Oh.. wait.. :P I had always wondered why not, good idea! ;)
Good luck getting Kitrik's attention, that guy is so busy. ;)

Fr0
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

Its certainly a pet peeve of a great many people. Currently, we are using the banned words filter to make some corrections but that involves anticipating the mis-spelling. Thanks for the feedback. :) Yet another thing to put on Kitrik's to do list. ;)
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Lord ruerl of harganeth
Beastmaster
Location: Searching Ulthuan for my wife's murderer (New Zealand actually)

two questions

Post by Lord ruerl of harganeth »

Hi its me the newbie,

i have two questions

1) how do you go up ranks and how easy is it?

2) how do i get to this RPG site?
"Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, I will have my Venegance"
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

Lord ruerl: that was actually answered earlier but lets go over it again :)

your rank is based on the number of posts and has NO actual meaning. it is just for fun. (see the general FAQ for the list of them all (link below in my signature)).

The RPG is located if you click the Druchii.net Forum Index and go to the bottom of all the forums and there you will see the RPG with threads on how to go about it
Malekithau
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Malekithau »

This may not be the appropriate place for this but when I click on the smilies icon in the quick reply it says "Hacking attempt"
" If I wanted to roll a million dice I'd play Yahtzee!"