Druchii.net campaign?

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Silic
Noble

Druchii.net campaign?

Post by Silic »

I was reminiscing about old Warhammer and Druchii.net times today; back when the RP forum needed those 25+ groups, new posts could be shoved to the second page the same day, the "monthly" mag was being produced, Kitrik was lurking in the shadows...

Nevertheless, the Warhammer-Empire is just beginning another one of their online campaigns, and I think it would an excellent idea to start one for our resident Dark Elves as well! This wouldn't have to be anything huge like the Sundering with ulthuan.org, but do think it would light a new spark both with and for 8th edition.

Thoughts?
Giladis
Corsair

Post by Giladis »

I would be most interested in such a thing.
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

I would love to take part in something like that.
Squanto315
Trainee Warrior

Post by Squanto315 »

Sounds like an amazing idea cant wait to see if it will happen
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

8th edition W/D/L
legion of the Bloody Snowflake 4/0/3
Playa23
Corsair

Post by Playa23 »

I'm in, but first I think there needs to be a solid plan or idea (guess thats why you posted this in the first place). Other than a Sundering with Ulthuan.org (which we'd own) what other ideas do you (or anyone else obviously) have? Cheers think this is a good initiative ;)
Giladis
Corsair

Post by Giladis »

Well since GW pushed the clock back, I see no reason why a new fight for Albion couldn't happen.
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

There was an attempt at this a year or two ago but unfortunatly it fell through.

However if people are interested in putting the work into doing this I would be more than willing to help with the background and maybe some basic mechanics.
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Masked jackal
Noble

Post by Masked jackal »

I would be very interested in such a thing, but I agree with Playa, in that there needs to be some ideas before this can get off the ground.
8th Edition Druchii War Report:
W/D/L: 30/1/15
http://www.freedomstudios.net/boredlife/boards/index.php?sid=18db5076e750fafca78c5ae7ed86bab3
Bored Life: Forum for RPs and general discussion in need of new blood. PM for details.
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

Indeed, an online campaign is tons of work. However, I posted this topic because I wanted to gauge the desire to participate, and thinking that not everybody who would want to join posted here, and including advertising on other sites, it could make it a worthwhile campaign.

But I do agree with Jackal; brainstorming ideas is priority number one.
Hainzy
Dark Rider

Post by Hainzy »

Count me in for this one!!!

Sounds like it'll be lots of fun and will re ignite my fondness for 8th since I've found it to be less than ideal.

Anyway, possible thoughts.

Um, a plot to overthrow the Witch King (always fun).
Civil war between two rival houses and or cities.
Slave raid through out the old world/Albion type
A trip south to Lustria (also ablion type)
We could reignite the war of the beard
Oh, and of course INVADE ULTHUAN!!!

Meh, it's a start...

Cheers!
H :twisted:
You can take your vamp lord on zombie dragon, 48 graveguard, blackcoach, 3 wraiths, 2 units of dogs and your 3 units of 10 piddly zombies and shove them up your f&$%ing a$$.....

Worst game of warhammer I've ever played.....

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

hainzy wrote:
Um, a plot to overthrow the Witch King (always fun).

Count me in :twisted:
Playa23
Corsair

Post by Playa23 »

"This is blasphemy! think about what you guys are saying, wait until I report this to the Witch King himself!" just joking but yeah this Is what I was talking about. I like the Witch King idea and I'm sure once a few solid ideas are formulated then its time for a poll (probably still too soon) I guess. I'm sure that there are a lot more people who are interested into this idea (an online campaign not overthrowing the With King "you fiends!") but are not letting on. I'm amped ;)
Masked jackal
Noble

Post by Masked jackal »

hainzy wrote:Um, a plot to overthrow the Witch King (always fun).
Civil war between two rival houses and or cities.
We could reignite the war of the beard
Oh, and of course INVADE ULTHUAN!!!

All of these. At the same time. :D
8th Edition Druchii War Report:
W/D/L: 30/1/15
http://www.freedomstudios.net/boredlife/boards/index.php?sid=18db5076e750fafca78c5ae7ed86bab3
Bored Life: Forum for RPs and general discussion in need of new blood. PM for details.
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

The problem, not sure thats qutie the right word, with having a story line like overthrowing the Witch King, Druchii civil war etc is that it limits the scope and motivation of outside participation from players of other races and thus limits the scale of the campaign.

What the team from Da Warpath have done with the Animosity campaigns very succesfully is come up with plausible reasons for every race to fight and thus no player feels snubbed into taking a second rate roll in the campaign.

This can all be ignored however if we want to invisige this is a smaller campaign primarily designed purely for members of this site.

Finally I would suggest that whatever story line we create is in a sandpit location where we can do what we wish and players can choose to integrate that campaign into their armies 'canon' without making it implausible.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

Fingol23 wrote:The problem, not sure thats qutie the right word, with having a story line like overthrowing the Witch King, Druchii civil war etc is that it limits the scope and motivation of outside participation from players of other races and thus limits the scale of the campaign.

What the team from Da Warpath have done with the Animosity campaigns very succesfully is come up with plausible reasons for every race to fight and thus no player feels snubbed into taking a second rate roll in the campaign.

This can all be ignored however if we want to invisige this is a smaller campaign primarily designed purely for members of this site.

Finally I would suggest that whatever story line we create is in a sandpit location where we can do what we wish and players can choose to integrate that campaign into their armies 'canon' without making it implausible.

Cathay and Nippon come to mind first. But that is just my instinct.
Giladis
Corsair

Post by Giladis »

There is a little place down the coast of Araby that recieved no attention at all, the Sorcerers Islands.
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

Cathay and Nippon have literally just be done by the Animosity team so might be one to avoid.

Although if they were fine with us borrowing their fluff then we would have a large amount of background to work with.

The Sorcerers Islands sound like they have potential though.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Hainzy
Dark Rider

Post by Hainzy »

Giladis wrote:There is a little place down the coast of Araby that recieved no attention at all, the Sorcerers Islands.

This sounds like a viable place to focus the campaign on.

We just have to figure out what on those islands that's worth killing for?

Um, some kind of magical item, either arcane, weapon or perhaps there's some king of magical force that will aid all the races.

Perhaps start the games out small ie. testing games or skirmishing forces and gradually build up to big scale games for the ran finale (ledgendary battles come to mind).

Also will there be special characters created fot this campaing and if so will the be able to be used along side our current ones for the big scale games?

So much to think about.

Dunno, this has alot of potential to be really fun it's just a matter of getting the ball rolling.
You can take your vamp lord on zombie dragon, 48 graveguard, blackcoach, 3 wraiths, 2 units of dogs and your 3 units of 10 piddly zombies and shove them up your f&$%ing a$$.....

Worst game of warhammer I've ever played.....

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

I agree with the Sorcerers Island idea, it's got a load of potential. If we could rope in some of the members from the RP forums we could have them cook up all sorts of fluff in no time.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

Indeed the Sorcerer's Islands could be a fantastic setting. It is off the beaten path, meaning there is little done or known about it. And the fact that it is so unknown means we can have a reason for so many races being down there (ie why are the lizardmen in Naggorath?).

Magical item sounds simple, but also typical. Perhaps the Calif of Araby is building a giant weapon? Or a new vortex of chaos has been detected, and all the races are rushing down to claim it / shut it down?
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

If you want to know more about the Sorcerer's Island, then there is a wise old sage you should seek. First you must cross the Desert of 1000 Deaths, and then you must climb the highest peak of the Himalayas, and in a snow covered cave at the top of that mountain, there you shall find him, the one that can tell you all about the Sorcerer's Island.

Alternatively, you could just PM him. His name is Eldacar.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Giladis
Corsair

Post by Giladis »

Let Eldy rest, I have started scouring the libarary of Hoeth for any information that might exist.
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

I encourage this. Very much.

But if you want it to get anywhere, then you need to start of proper. Before brainstorming loosely, you want to make sure you have people who are comitted. Then do the brainstorming with them. Focus on getting a team together that are both dedicated and have the necessary skills to carry this out. If you brainstorm now, with everybody giving their two cents, then you will have a lot of ideas and a huge body of work, and no grounds to get it started.

Secondly, start with the practical stuff. You can plan all the background you want, but find out how you can run it, who can run it, what it involves, and THEN start planning the background. You need to know how much you can do, before you decide how much you will do.

Thirdly, start a new thread. You want things more organised than they are now. If you can, after some initial planning, present something that looks like you a) take it serious and b) can make it work, I am sure we can find out about getting you your own part of the forum, so you can have multiple threads for easier planning.

So, with that said... Get to it! I hope you can do this, and if I weren't starting university in a week, I'd chip in. Maybe I'll offer my help later in the project.

Good luck :D
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

Again, I hope this isn't too badly reigniting old threads, but such a good idea should not be laid to rest and it WOULD be fantastic to see D.net resurrect some its past accomplishments with something new...

I think the biggest way to influence or motivate all the races is simply to involve something that threatens us all: chaos, (OR nagash ;))

Either of these things could motivate the whole world into action taken onto the sorcerers isles: often the evil guys will be the ones seeking to claim power through the circumstances and the good guys will be there to prevent it (loosely obviously)...

So an example might be 'The summoning of a (chaos) god/deity to the island that goes wrong by a cult of chaos wizards: only part of him/her/it is summoned (a weapon, artefact, or limb or eye - preferably something threatening though - weapons and artefacts are fairly obvious ones though). I think Nagash related is more interesting and a little different in my opinion but I'll run with the chaos god theme to start with...
However the cataclysmic aftermath of the failure psychically pains sorcerors and wizards across the globe (being the sorceror isles and all): chaos legions march down south to reinforce the warband that failed the intial ceremony, lizardmen march up from the southlands to counter the occurence and annihilate chaos forces, the tomb kings are threatened by the potential of this 'artefact/thing', the empire and dwarven kingdoms are waded through by hordes of beastmen and warriors heading south, in the forests of Loren daemons have sporadically begun to be able to penetrate their fey magical wards in the glades - the source of this occurence must be prevented, Brettonia uses the chance as for young knights to prove themselves, the druchii wish to abuse the artefact for their own nefarious means, the vampire legions realise that the use of this artefact would sow discord into the territories of their ancient nemeses: the tomb kings, oh and the original sorcerors, upon realising their failure, summon the daemons to protect them from the inevitable retribution by the worlds nations - only to be destroyed for their incapability by the daemons, however the daemons it seems can no longer return to the realm of chaos: something about the 'artefact/thing' binds them to the mortal realm.

So what, do the daemons do to escape, what do the denizens of chaos do to sort out the situation? Can the tomb kings rid or destroy the artefact to prevent their realm from being destroyed: or alternatively - could they use its power to restore 'some' of the undead to become living again? Can the vampires claim the artefacts power to kill off some of the most vengeaful tomb kings? The wood elves are assailed by daemonic hordes: can their strike force send to destroy the artefact prevent this?

I quite like the idea of giving any given race a choice of 2 objectives - basically, USE or DESTROY. I think each should offer a risk: bonuses but also penalties.

Perhaps rather than 1 limb, there should be several parts and it should be a classic 'put the pieces together' storyline?

Anyway thoughts my thoughts on the matter - hope someone responds!
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

I'm still up for doing this although seeing as I am in my last year of school I wouldn't really be able to involve myself in organising it properly until late May but if we can get an interested team together then I'll be all for it.

In the mean time Animosity 5 is just about to start and should be great fun so please get involved with that.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5