D.net - recent bug problems

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Tyrannus deathbringer
Noble

D.net - recent bug problems

Post by Tyrannus deathbringer »

Not sure if this is the right section, but anyways...

Over the last month or so I've noticed more bugs in my use of D.net

- slow loading times
- sometimes failure to load at all
- failure to recognise log in, or active threads history
- some site bugs

i.e. this thread seems bugged just now:

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=861965&sid=88755947ca877ce6453ee062d9e6ad7e#861965

Other websites I browse are not experiencing the same issues, so it seems to be problems with D.net itself.

Thought I should bring it to the moderators attention.

Anyone else noticed any recent problems?
"All who surrender will be enslaved; whoever does not surrender but opposes with struggle and dissension, shall be annihilated."
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I too have had identical issues. For a week or so the site refused to believe that any new posts had been created at all though of course they had been and were in the forums.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Lady kaerlith
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Lady kaerlith »

I've been getting it a lot as well. The last week has seen pages taking upwards of 40 seconds to load, and any given page may end up with a "500 internal error" instead.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

It seems to become worse at times. We're currently getting ready to upgrade the forum, in hopes this would resolve many of the issues we all experience with the board. However, that may take some time still. I hope you can all bear with us through these difficulties for a while longer.. It's being worked on. That's a promise.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Samusin
Executioner
Location: see that shadow behind you?? thats where I'm hidden...

Post by Samusin »

the same here
8th edition Dark Elves w/d/l
2/4/3

still getting started, so don't mind that loses, they where sacrificed for the greater good xD
Tyrannus deathbringer
Noble

Cheers Daeron,

It's a great site and the D.net team do a fine job - just thought I should let you guys know about the bugs incase you didnt know already!

Over the past two or so years since Ive been browsing the last month has been the first extended period with notable technical issues. Usually I have no problems viewing threads or logging on.

Best

T.
"All who surrender will be enslaved; whoever does not surrender but opposes with struggle and dissension, shall be annihilated."
Samusin
Executioner
Location: see that shadow behind you?? thats where I'm hidden...

Post by Samusin »

+1 to tyrannus (exept the 2 years :P I'm only here half a year xD)
8th edition Dark Elves w/d/l
2/4/3

still getting started, so don't mind that loses, they where sacrificed for the greater good xD
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

Has the upgrade happened yet? I'm a long-time user but the entire website has become almost unusable. I hardly come here anymore because of the slow/failed loading times.
Proud supporter of druchii.net
phierlihy@druchii.net
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

No upgrade yet, just some cosmetic changes.
It will be in the announcement.
Daeron and Rork working on that.
However, they must ascertain that the move will be done in a safe way, and this take time.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

Awwww, what happened?! I checked back and the site was fast for about a week! Then it went back to being slow again.
Proud supporter of druchii.net
phierlihy@druchii.net
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

We should be making some changes next weekend - hopefully that will go some way to sorting it out. Daeron, our technical guru, will release more information over the next few days.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

An announcement is on its way but yes, there will be a server upgrade on Friday and Saturday (depending on the timezone you live in).
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Tyrannus deathbringer
Noble

Thanks gents!

It has already been running more smoothly over the past week or two :)