The Battle Pit - Forum game

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

The Battle Pit - Forum game

Post by Daeron »

I was thinking of building a calculator designed specifically for dreadlord and master builds with a breakdown of typical enemies they are employed to tackle such as warmachines and enemy characters. While such a breakdown would be enjoyable, I thought it would be even more fun if we'd turn it into (or add) a game: the battle pit.

The battle pit would offer forum members the option to design and customize their build, and subscribe it to take part in the battle pit.
On a monthly or bi-weekly basis, the builds would be pitted against various opponents: demon lords, human slaves with a cannon, captured high elves, small teams of captured enemy troops... you name it. In fact, the forum members could even send in their own slave units to fight the lord characters of others!

The fights are to the death! Of course!

It would take some time to implement this, but it might be a fun addition. Depending on how it goes, we could add a virtual gold reward for those builds or slaves enlisted that win a match. And if time permits it, we could even add virtual betting on the outcome of such matchups :P
All virtual coin of course!

Your thoughts?
Daeron
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: The Battle Pit - Forum game

Post by Calisson »

Sounds like something for the quick roleplaying forum! :D
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Quick roleplaying but with a link from army lists I would say. It is not the first such thing we have had, though the last one was a LOOONG time ago, but this has a 'testing' side to it which is new and could be rather interesting. Couldn't hurt to set it up, hopefully it will take off.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I was actually thinking about some sort of an arena game for the forum. We can start with text based and maybe eventually go with simple 8bit graphics top down style jrpg ;)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Very interesting. That I'd like to see.