What happened to our online druchii.net magazine

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

What happened to our online druchii.net magazine

Post by Lord Drakon »

I can remember we had a monthly druchii.net magazine, but when I look for it now I don't get any results.
It would be a waste if all that effort, tactica and wisdom is lost.

Please help me to find those online magazines
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: What happened to our online druchii.net magazine

Post by Amboadine »

I assume you mean these :)

http://druchii.net/initiatives/monthly/archive.html

Similar have not been far from the mod teams discussion recently. I guess I would not be stepping on T.D's toes if I suggested that this would be a perfectly good excuse to ask the membership of the site; what if anything people might be interested in, if the energy was there to revive such a project on maybe a quarterly basis?
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Argh! My toes!

j/k :mrgreen:

Good idea, Amboadine.

@ Members

Thoughts on renewed D.net magazine?
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Malys the younger
Beastmaster

Post by Malys the younger »

I'd be interested in a quarterly magazine, especially if it had tactica, short stories, painting articles for different skill levels and maybe terrain/scenery ideas. I know a lot of these topics get covered regularly but maybe it could be formatted as a quarterly collection of whats great with the hobby and easier to reference.

The Grim Host of Malys the Younger: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75760

Overall W/D/L: 5/0/3
vs Empire: 1/0/0
vs Wood Elves: 2/0/2
vs Beastmen: 2/0/0
vs Vampire Counts: 0/0/1
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Malys the younger wrote:I'd be interested in a quarterly magazine, especially if it had tactica, short stories, painting articles for different skill levels and maybe terrain/scenery ideas. I know a lot of these topics get covered regularly but maybe it could be formatted as a quarterly collection of whats great with the hobby and easier to reference.

I'll second Malys that the content does not have to be strictly original: having the information on the site compiled into a readable article/series may be a big help for newcomers and veterans alike. There's a lot of great information on the site.

Other things worth considering:
  • What's happening on D.net? News related to the site, such as new initiatives, new and noteworthy topics (like the D.R.A.I.C.H.), and so on.
  • Highlights of other Warhammer-related sites or efforts. An interview with the owner(s), an overview of their site, things like that. Share the spotlight!
  • Story or author highlights. The roleplaying forums and the History forum are treasure troves for stories and good writers; digging into the past can rack up some true jewels. If the author is no longer around, past stories can be linked or reformatted and included. Promising writers can be offered a 'column' to write a recurring series. (Possibly: gags and humour.)
  • Painting/modelling highlights. What works for the writers will work for the artists in painting and modelling: what was great and beautiful ten years ago is most likely still incredible, though it may be more difficult to hunt down old links for pictures.
  • Centerfolds! Just in case you were dozing off, there.

If necessary, perhaps we can take a leaf from when the White Dwarf seemed a popular thing back in the late nineties/early aughts. I've only ever leafed through one, but I mostly recall people in the community being happy with it.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

It's a good idea, but strikes me as having the potential to be a colossal amount of work. Regular contributions, done to a magazine level, requires a lot more time and effort than random postings on the forum done at sporadic intervals.

The devil is in the formatting - lots of hard work, lots of tedium, and zero pay: who wants that job?
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Are you volunteering, Red? :P

@ Tarbo

Great summary. I agree :)
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

No thanks ;) :burns: !lol!
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman