VC winged nightmare

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

VC winged nightmare

Post by Mr_piechee »

what size base does a winged night mare go on??

i'm doin a coversion for a winged night mare (cause i don't like the other one fluff wise, i mean a night mare in a boned horse but a winged one is a gaiant beast), but it came to me i don't hav a clue what bae it goes on....

i'm using the caller from the rat skins in necromonda, and then some wings from somwhere... still deciding that... at the mo its between the old zombie dragon and the chaos dwarf lamasue (the other flying mount thats not the torus)....

[al so does any one know what size bas the snotling pump wagon goes on?? cause in some pics i've seen it on a 40*40 (maybe 50), but as a chariot should it be on a chariot base??]
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
The_nightlord
Black Guard

Post by The_nightlord »

what size base does a winged night mare go on??

50 x50
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

how sure r u??
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Hruggek
Assassin

Post by Hruggek »

I am sure 100%. All 4W ridden monsters have 50x50 basese.
Fluff is cool, fluff is funny, fluff is nice. But fluff will put no dinner on your plate!
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

ok.. thanks... i'll post a pic of him when i get the wings on....
Malekith
Beastmaster
Location: Naggarond,casting the InDesign spell and hunting down "The Deck of 52"

Post by Malekith »

AFAIR 50x50 square base. And we are waiting for a pic :D
Malekith

Ever wondered how to make outstanding photos of your army?
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=32178

Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

lol..

i did the base yesterday (added a tomb stone, and a little grav with a zombie hand comeing out... looks ok), just need to order wings... i was thinking the old zombie dragon wings, but some chaos dwarf wings hav come avalible, just trying to wrk out how gd they would b...
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

Malekith wrote:AFAIR 50x50 square base. And we are waiting for a pic :D

well just to let u know the wings are on, just needs green stuffing, the wings look gd and r a gd size. i settled for the old zombie dragon wings in the end, but i might change them sligthly whne i green stuff...

i hope to hav in green stuffed by this time next week (just finding time is hard.... bad excuse i know)
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Check the base size chart available from the GW website...

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

Yes, GW cleared up the whole base size issue, and have a pretty comprehensive chart up online now. Which is good, as incorrect base size is one thing that irriatates me hugely :P

and yes, 50x50 is 100% correct :)
The Black Sun Weekly - an AoS Podcast

Follow me on Twitter; @the_black_sun
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

cool, thanks.. not taht it would make anydifference cause i'm not going to change the base now!