Ugh, Cut Down with the Lizardmen Posts!

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Philleehellphia
Assassin

Ugh, Cut Down with the Lizardmen Posts!

Post by Philleehellphia »

You may think it's weird that a Lizardmen player is asking you to cut down on the Lizardmen posts, but i'm kinda getting tired of posts here. I go to D.net to chat, work in my initiative, and talk about Dark Elves! If i would like to talk about Lizardmen, then i'll go to TPV! Thank-you.

Of course, I don't mind Lizzie posts, but put the posts in the right forum. If it's Tactics Related, just put it in the Tactics Forum. Anything containing Army Lists, let it be an army other than Druchii, then put it here. I think you get the Point.

And if you happen to be a Druchii and you are addicted to posting about Lizardmen, which is completly weird, then go ahead and join the Pyramid Vaults. Conveniatly in my Sig, is a link to TPV.

Yeesh.

-Phil
Edmonton Oilers Western Conference Champions 2006
Resident Beastmaster

Post by Alex c »

I kinda agree, but at least it makes a change from GW complaint threads ;)

We only have two active complaint threads right now, with a possible 3rd that is developing into one...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
- Albert Einstein.
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Re: Ugh, Cut Down with the Lizardmen Posts!

Post by Pmpn8ez »

philleehellphia wrote:I go to D.net to chat, work in my initiative, and talk about Dark Elves!

Ahem:
Forum Banner wrote:Non-Druchii Discussion

Yeah, about that... wrong forum for Druchii-related discussion, you see. We have a whole special one for that. ;) The problem also with Lizzie tactics in the Tactics forum is that it's not a tactics forum; it's a Druchii Tactics forum, so no non-Druchii stuff.
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

This site has focused on Druchii, yes. And you want to talk about Dark Elves, yes. But there are a couple of us (a couple? Hey, I'm talking the majority of the active members here...) that happen to have a second, or sometimes even third or more armies than just Druchii. It's called variation. And they too want to make use of the knowledge that has gathered here.

TPV might be a nice forum, but most people collecting Lizzies don't even know it exists. So to tell them to go that forum, that's...I don't know, weird? Also, does TPV have langmanns, jeff leongs, MTUs or Vorchilds and that kind of tactical minds that dwell here? (you may as well say yes, I've never been to TPV to be honest)

Of course, I don't mind Lizzie posts, but put the posts in the right forum.

There are a couple forums that are restricted to Druchii only, so posting Lizzie tactics in the Tactics forum, which is actually the Druchii tactics forum, will be moved to here with a kind request to post posts like those in NDD.

And if you don't mind Lizzie posts...then why complain? If you don't want to read it, then don't read it (common D.net proverb ;))

And if you happen to be a Druchii and you are addicted to posting about Lizardmen, which is completly weird

Weird? Who are you to say that it is weird? Hey, I have Druchii, Snotlings, Skaven and have been collecting Skaven, and I have all kinds of plans for Gobbo's, Brets, Empire, Dwarfs...am I weird? Well, yes. But I'm not representative, and it is indeed common for one person to collect more than one race because he/she can't choose or likes some variation.

Or that's how I think about it, at least.
Columind
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Portugal - the country everybody thinks belongs to Spain...arg

Post by Columind »

I agree with lethalis, 100%.
I'm one of the people that has posted here some lizardmen posts, but it's just because not only do I like druchii.net's look a lot better(my eyes get easily tired of bright colours), because of the colours, the fonts and the overall look, but, and especially, because like Lethalis said...here there are a lot of renowned strategist minds (very experienced ones) that, while it is a cool forum,TVP does not apparently have...with such quantities and response frequency.
I'm starting Lizardmen, and I've been getting much more help/responses here than back at TVP with the exact same posts most of the times!
Basically it's a matter of taste...if I knew that this "non-druchii" forum had limits to posting about non-druchii races, then I'd be limited too in my choice of opinion suppliers, but since there is not such restriction, to my knowledge...then I'm going to post here and at TPV for maximization of responses...so that I can have all the angles, and what's better than 2 different race's point of view? ;)
By the way, thanks for the help philleehellphia :)
Zakath the slaughterer
Master of Puppets

Post by Zakath the slaughterer »

philleehellpia wrote:And if you happen to be a Druchii and you are addicted to posting about Lizardmen, which is completly weird
You seem to be a lizardman addicted to post about Druchii am I not right? 8)
Master of puppets I'm pulling your strings/
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams/
Blinded by me, you cant see a thing/
Just call my name, `cause Ill hear you scream
Thee forsaken one
Forsaken Master of Fallen Gods

Post by Thee forsaken one »

TPV does have some very tactical minds and some experienced players. (I've been playing Lizardmen for 7 years in the Summer.) We also might have more members if people actually went there regulary to ask for help and to help less experienced members instead of staying on another site and complaing about it not being as active instead of making it active ;).
Columind
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Columind »

All my posts here at druchii.net about Lizardmen are also at TPV (almost exactly the same text and all), and I visit it regularly, so I don't think your point is very valid.
If you are complaining about me complaining, then I believe you should look for some of my posts there at TPV, as a 7 year experienced player and maybe perhaps try to help mel...don't you think? ;) I'd appreciate it...
Thee forsaken one
Forsaken Master of Fallen Gods

Post by Thee forsaken one »

It would help me to help you if I knew what were your Lizardmen thread on TPV ;).
Columind
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Columind »

just invert my nickname...columind->dnimuloc ;)