Lizardmen...ups, what about static defensive enemies?

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Columind
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Portugal - the country everybody thinks belongs to Spain...arg

Lizardmen...ups, what about static defensive enemies?

Post by Columind »

I've been thinking about this...a Lizardmen player that chooses not to go for saurus cavalry and instead has in his jaguar warrior, his stegadon, his sallies and his kroxigors the only fast and potencially hard-hitting and manouverable units, will have a lot of trouble against wood elves, dwarves and even skaven...
Sure, you can have some terradons getting to the war machines, but still, you can't hit them in the flanks most of the time, and magic won't be the one that wins your game if you don't take a slann and if you don't get lucky with the spells..
How does one confront a dwarf army, or even empire with such a narrow choice of flanking units?

I'm talking about enemies that just sit there, with no cavalry most of the times, but solid blocks of infantry and a defensive posture, just waiting for you.
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

Saurus fight better than any other RaF infantry troop in the game. They should easily be able to butcher dwarf or empire blocks if they reach enemy lines in large enough numbers. In terms of choice of flanking units, it's correct that you don't have so many. This means you would either need to take saurus cav (or other fast units like krox) to get those flanks, or just trust in your ability to cause enough casualties as to tip combat in your favor.
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»
Zentaricai
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zentaricai »

'm talking about enemies that just sit there, with no cavalry most of the times, but solid blocks of infantry and a defensive posture, just waiting for you.

Easy, they pelt the hell out of you with Salamander and multiple skink units until you crack and charge after him, as the Saurus giggle to themselves as you wade through a wall of annoying skirmishers and most likely unforgiving terrain to anyone but lots of skirmishers.
Along with the random lightning bolt or comet crashing down on your head.
DON'T MONKEY WITH MY BUSINESS
Columind
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Portugal - the country everybody thinks belongs to Spain...arg

Post by Columind »

Hey, I was talking about me being lizardmen, not me against lizardmen ;)