2k Chaos Slaanesh invasion

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Skandalix
Assassin

2k Chaos Slaanesh invasion

Post by Skandalix »

I'm using some Marauders And Fiends in my CoS army... Also I loved how the marauders were painted in the Hordes of Chaos armybook. White-pale skin & violet tatoos..great... :D while already having marauders I was wondering if I can do an army based on them with only few shopping more... Here comes what i've invented:

Exalted Chaos Champion (gen): GW, Sh, Gaze of Gods, MoS = 156

Aspiring Chaos Champion: BSB, Biting Blade, Armour of Damnation, MoS = 165

Chaos Sorcerer: lv2, MoS, Power Familiar = 190

Chaos Sorcerer: lv2, 2xDispel scroll, MoS = 190

20 Maruders: LA, Sh, Chief, Musician = 155 (BSB goes here 5x4)

16 Marauders: LA, Sh, Standard, Musician = 127 (4x4)
16 Marauders: LA, Sh, Standard, Musician = 127 (4x4)

15 Chosen Chaos Warriors of Pleasure: Sh, FCG, MoS = 365 (general goes here, 6-6-4)

5 Mounted Daemonettes = 150
5 Mounted Daemonettes = 150

5 Furies = 75

2 Fiends of Slaanesh = 150

===2000 exactly

PD:7 DD:5 models: 91
Last edited by Skandalix on Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't regret the things you did... regret the things you didn't do!!

W:10/D:3/L:4
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

I think it's a bit too character heavy for my tastes, which means that of the models you do have, it's almost entirely composed of scantily-clad marauders. Especially in the case of the BSB, I don't really think you need it and giving him 40 points of items doesn't make it all that much better. The warriors are another huge sink; over 20% of your army is invested in a unit of M4 guys. They definetely don't need the magic flag on them for starters, but other than that they'd also probably be better off with a unit of 12 and shields instead of GWs; at over 20 points per model, is a 4+ save all you really want to give them (not to mention the fact that with 2 S4 attacks they can already kill plenty)?
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»
Skandalix
Assassin

Post by Skandalix »

Yeah I think you are right that it's too character heavy.... I've changed few things...

Nechra
Nightbringer

Post by Nechra »

What no marauder horsemen? These superhuman guys on horseback are the second best fast cavalry in the game, especially when armed with throwing axes or javelins. A unit can come to under 100pts and they always make up their points. You may also want some meatshields of warhounds for you marauders and mouted daemonettes as they are very weak to enemy shooting.

A rolling sausage gathers no gravy
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

Nechra, he has 2 units of MDs, who perform the same role as marauder horsemen except they're superior in every respect. Other than changing the exalted sorcerer to a normal sorcerer, though, I don't see many changes (except that the CW unit got more expensive by 25 points :shock: ). I could swear that exalted guy cost 340, so 190+25 is nowhere near that. Is it the furies? I thought they were there before, but if not then I'd suggest not taking them. You already have MDs and furies really don't perform any role better than they do. I'd put the points toward a smallish unit of marauders with GWs; they make quite a nice flanking unit for the other ones, who tend to suffer with only a single rank of S3 attacks.
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»
Skandalix
Assassin

Post by Skandalix »

Yeah the Furies were added (the idea of small flanker is not bad...will try both options in proximate battles)... and actually the unit of CW Is cheaper :) they had Gws and Raptorous standard before...Thx for all