First win with goblins

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kalarn
Cold One Knight

First win with goblins

Post by Kalarn »

Hiya all. Was visiting my local store last night to get some paint and as it was empty, decided to have a game using store models against one of the staff. For fun i chose goblins and was against empire. These were the lists.

Goblins
Big Boss - Great Weapon

24 Goblins - Spears, Shields, CG

5 Wolf Riders - Bows

5 Wolf Riders - Bows

Bolt thrower

Empire
8 Knights of the White wolf, CG, Shields

10 Archers

10 Wolf Kin

Not sure on the points, we just had roughly equal amounts.

Deployment
Goblins - Wolf rider units were one on each flank, spears in centre, boss next to them. bolt thrower on hill at rear.

Empire - knights in centre, wolf kin on his right flank, archers on his left.

I won the roll to go first

Turn 1
Wolf riders 1 (WR1 from now on) charged the wolf kin across a river.
Wolf riders 2 (WR2 from now on) crept around a settlement to be on the archers flank. The bolt thrower fired and skewered two white wolf knights. When WR1 charged, they killed 4 wolfkin for 1 loss and won the combat. However, as they're stubborn, the wolfkin held.
In the empire turn the archers fired at WR2 and the knights trotted down towards my lines. The archers wounded two riders, but on was saved on a 6+.

Turn 2
WR2 charge the archers. Big Boss joins the goblin spears. Bolt thrower fires and misses this time. In the combat between the wolf kin and wolf riders, 4 wolf kin die and 2 riders are hacked apart. The wolf kin flee, goblins pursue and run them down ending up on the flank of the knights. WR2 drag down 3 archers and lose a rider themselves. The archers take a break test but pass.
The knights are just out of charge range of the spears so move forward slightly. WR2 kills another archer for no loss. archers pass break test again.

Turn 3
WR1 moves to the rear of the knights. The bolt thrower fires again and fells another 2 knights. WR2 kill 2 archers and break them running them down and facing the knights other flank.
The empire knights charge. Feeling confident in the battle, the goblins hold. 6 goblins are slaughtered before the big boss steps up, smashing 2 knights from the saddle. The combat is tied but thanks to the musician, the goblins win. The knights break, fleeing 10inches, only to be run down by the goblins.

A great day for greenskins!!!
I'd never played goblins before but they seemed to perform quite well. Have a new respect for wolf riders! I did get quite lucky in my rolling though, with 4 dice i managed to roll four 6s!!!
Cheers, Chris
'Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal: my strength lies solely in my tenacity.'
www.livejournal.com/users/kalarn/
Slayer69
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slayer69 »

I always like to hear dem Humies gettin' crushed by dem Greenskins!

Sounds like a fun battle to me!....I'd only have given the Wolfriders some Spears and some shields!

Otherwise looks finr to me!
Reaper