Help with Chaos Army list!

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Sexy druchii
Malekith's Best Friend

Help with Chaos Army list!

Post by Sexy druchii »

Okay, well, as many know, I am in the process of refining a Khorne army from Hell, with Satan as its head. I dont know how to construct it though, so I need help. This is what I have at my disposal:

Deamon Prince
Khorne Lord on Steed
Khorne Lord on foot
BSB on foot
2 Exalted/Aspiring on steed
4 Exalted/Aspiring on foot
12 Chaos Warriors w/halberd+shield
12 Chaos Warriors w/hw+shield
10 Marauders w/flails
10 Marauders w/hw+shields
10 Furies
2 Hellcannon
1 Chaos Chariot
5 Knights
12 Warhounds
5 Ogre Mercs/Chaos Ogres/Chaos Trolls/Minotaurs

I dont know where to start on an army list with these dudes. 2000 points.
I need to have the 10 Furies and 1 Hellcannon in it, along with the BSB, 12 Chaos Warriors w/halberds, and at least 10 Marauders.

Can you guys help me out please? I don't want to buy any models past those there. In fact, I'm not going to buy any past those you see. So can you help me out with the composition of a good list?

Thanks,
--SD--
Seanzala
Death Jester

Post by Seanzala »

Well, fluffwise you should probably take the daemon prince as the general. After all, this is supposed to be satan leading his hell hordes right? However, that would mean you need daemons as core but you don't have enough.

I'd start with you Khorne lord on foot and your BSB as Characters. Then I'd go with two units of 12 warriors and 10 marauders as you infantry, your knights, 2x6 warhounds and a chariot. Then add the furies and hellcannon. If theres any points left i'd either some minotaurs or a mounted champ to give the knights some extra hitting power.

I don't know the exact points of that but its a start.

Sean
Alkkrision
Daemon Prince

Post by Alkkrision »

Of course you could always make the Daemon Prince the General by giving him the gift which allows him to take a Mortal army. I tried it once, though I wasn't pleased with the effect. But then again I tried not to use him in combat for some reason...ah well.

For additional characters, I'd go with an Exalted Champion on steed to go in the unit of Chosen Knights, then the BSB to either:
1. Hang around in one of the Chaos Warrior units.
2. Hang around on his own so he can get to units he needs to without too much trouble.

Add the Marauders and the Chosen Knights, then equip your characters with various gifts and magic items (Collar of Khorne is a must on the Daemon Prince IMO). Should you have enough points left, add the Furies and Warhounds (2 units of 6), then possibly a chariot if you still have the points left. Either that or use the lolcannon.
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

If you want help putting together a army list, as opposed to getting feedback on a list then you should post in Tactics. Thus, I am moving this thread to LRT now...

RasputinII
Pleased to be back