VC's biggest weakness

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Furiouscado
Malekith's Personal Guard

VC's biggest weakness

Post by Furiouscado »

I wanted to ask everyone's opinion because I had a debate with someone over VC's biggest weakness. The two that came up are 1: their dependence on their lord in order to not crumble. The other was dependence on magic. I was just curious as to what everyone here thinks are VC's biggest weaknesses and why.
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

I think that the weakness of having to depend on magic is all that big. You could easily run VC armies on minimal magic if that is the style you wanted to play with so I am going to have to dissagree with you on that point. Alot of the VC players use their magic to raise zombies and skeletons, which is very usefull(as is healing characters with the same spell), but they can easily go without using this tactic.

As for their dependence of their general, this is a weakness that is quite obvious but it is hard to expose because their general will usually be a Vampire Lord or Count and these are next to impossible to kill with alot of the other units or characters in the Warhammer game.
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
Kida
Undercover Asrai

Post by Kida »

As far as tournaments go, I've found that the biggest problem for a Vamp army is the inability to deal with fast (flying) characters, like Dragonriders, especially if opponent has a decent magic defense.

my Last.fm page in case anyone is interested...
Shadow dark
Noble

Post by Shadow dark »

Lack of manouverability generally, or if they do make themselves manouverable, lack of Necro protection.
Hi, i'm Shadow Dark. I spend my time teaching dragons the difference between their food and the slaves that bring it in
Danceman
The Devil in Pale Moonlight

Post by Danceman »

devils reject wrote:I think that the weakness of having to depend on magic is all that big. You could easily run VC armies on minimal magic if that is the style you wanted to play with so I am going to have to dissagree with you on that point. Alot of the VC players use their magic to raise zombies and skeletons, which is very usefull(as is healing characters with the same spell), but they can easily go without using this tactic.

As for their dependence of their general, this is a weakness that is quite obvious but it is hard to expose because their general will usually be a Vampire Lord or Count and these are next to impossible to kill with alot of the other units or characters in the Warhammer game.

Agreed

shadow dark wrote:Lack of manouverability generally, or if they do make themselves manouverable, lack of Necro protection.

Wolves, ghouls and bats... all cheap and maneuverble. Its rare to see a VC army with less than 2 x 5-9 ghouls + 2-3 x 5 wolves and often a unit of fell bats. Then of course there are the magic lore which help out in the movement phase + the book of arkhan.

All in all, VC does not have many weaknesses other than the obvious ones but after a few games a VC player will start to master the art of keeping his necros alive.

Though I would agree with KidA here, big nasty flying things is something VC dislikes
:x
"Dying is for fools." - Charlie Sheen
Dancingpigeon
Highborn

Post by Dancingpigeon »

A dragon rider, however, has the advantage of being able to fly over units that the opponent uses to try and redirect you.
Venkh wrote:But then if wishes were fishes, Id be captain birdseye.
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

I think that VCs are one of the easier armies to play because they dont have alot of weknessess.

I remember seen a list of what armies were the easiest and hardest to play. DE and OK been two of the hardest and VC and Chaos been two of the easiest.
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
Furiouscado

Post by Furiouscado »

So how do you beat a VC player with a big blood dragon on a Zombie dragon? If they don't like big flying nasty things, they can easily match it (granted the dragon isn't anything special, but the blood dragon makes up for it) while still keeping lots of cheap maneuverable units around their giant blocks of static CR.

what should people be thinking when up against this. I will be able to win if I can _______ without getting wiped out in the process.
Kida
Undercover Asrai

Post by Kida »

furiouscado wrote:So how do you beat a VC player with a big blood dragon on a Zombie dragon?

Shoot and magic him to death. Dragonrider means only one character slot left, meaning relativly weak magic phase - so make sure any wound you inflict to dragon doesn't get healed. On top of that, BD Lord=only 2 pd, meaning only 6 PD max (7 if he goes for Power Familiar - meaning less Scrolls or Books).

my Last.fm page in case anyone is interested...
Furiouscado

Post by Furiouscado »

well the match is going to be 3000, not that I was trying to bring my personal encounter into play, but I can trust he'll more than 1 character slot left. I can trust that the faster I take out the Lord on the dragon, the easier it will be. In VC, it counts double bc no doubt they will start to crumble after it dies.
Opera of death
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Owns all the slaves responsible for monsterdoo removal, stables of Karond Kar

Post by Opera of death »

I recently faced, and beat, a Vampire with a totalof 3 zombie dragons. Cloud of Flies and cCursed Book makes it vert hard to get wounds on the Vampire.
I like the sound of screaming in the morning; it invigourates the soul.
Furiouscado

Post by Furiouscado »

ok you mention that you faced them but how do you beat them...