2k Lizardman to face Khorne

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Karnn
Shade

2k Lizardman to face Khorne

Post by Karnn »

Any ideas on how to improve it would be good however these are all the models i got apart from a Slaan and 2 skink priests i'm not using.

Saurus Oldblood- Carnosaur, Blade of Revered Tzunki, The Maming shield, Light armour, spawn of Chotec, Itzl and Quetzl.

Saurus Scar Vet- Burning Blade of Chotec, shield, light armour, Spawn of Quetzl.

Saurus Scar Vet- Great Weapon, light armour, Gleaming Pendant of Chotec and spawn of Quetzl.

24 Saurus Warriors- Full Command.
24 Saurus Warriors- Full Command.
10 Skink Skirmishers- Scouts, Brave and Blowpipes.
10 Skink Skirimishers- Scouts, Brave and Javelin and Shields.
3 Kroxigor- 1 Kroxigor Ancient.
6 Saurus Cavarly- Full Command.
“You state a lot Human, yet there is no truth in what you say for arrogance has clouded your mind and will be the downfall of what reamains of your pitiful race ”.
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Oldblood -- Drop the Maiming Shield and get the Aura of Quetzl instead. You'll need it against Khorne characters. Blade of Revered Tzunki is an excellent choice against Khorne mortals -- good decision there.

If your opponent likes chariots, I would definitely go with the Jaguar Suarus of Doom -- Jaguar Charm and a great weapon to go pop those Khorne chariots.

Since you won't be seeing much enemy missile fire, how about dropping yoru saurus down to 20 each? Use the saved points to put Huanchi's totem on the Cavalry.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Karnn
Shade

Post by Karnn »

ah thats a good idea i like that 4+ ward save and almost all his guys will have S5

He has no charriots so thats ok

The reason i use 24 is so i have 6 across 4 back and thats because his warriors are 6-6 or 6-5. However if 4 less men won't mean a big diffrence i'll gladly take the totem
“You state a lot Human, yet there is no truth in what you say for arrogance has clouded your mind and will be the downfall of what reamains of your pitiful race ”.
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

I kind of question the use of saurus cav and the kroxigor ancient myself. In this case I'd always favour the kroxigors - every time. The chariot busting is great if they're going that way and if not that then knight and spawn busting. I would also consider a small unit of terradons to deal quickly with any marauder cav that may be floating around, units of hounds that can get in the way (and charge your skinks) and to march block where they can. I'm also not sure the second scar vet is really all that useful, but that's up to you.
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Furiouscado
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Furiouscado »

If he's rolling with Khorne, here is what you do.

His frenzy is your best weapon.. If you're fortunate enough to face khorne chariots, just bait them into trees 8).

Khorne don't have shooting so use those Cold One Riders. Either use huanchi's totem so you can run next to them and turn slightly an inch away in their flank, that way you're guaranteed a flank charge. If he's rocking 6-6, he'll use ranks, take lots of wounds, and if his units don't break it's a miracle.. they will however, lost their frenzy.

Drop the ancient, it's a waste of 20 points.

No maiming shield go with dyvim tvar. For the carnie and the JSOD.

Drop the saurus to 20 and get more skink units. You really can screw him over with his frenzy. Just run forward and swing wide. Make them the only target to charge, they have to, then run. If you do this right, a flank will be presented.
Godlikeii
Executioner

Post by Godlikeii »

furiouscado your so right, because no khorne player used screeners and such to prevent this..so it will defenetly work.. -.-
Chaos = Charge.. no tactics... :D
Thanasi the soulless
Trainee Warrior

Post by Thanasi the soulless »

Remember two things about Khorne:

Being a Khorne player myself once upon a time

1 I would seek out my enemies and desire for open, frontal combat

2 and I would hate shoot and scoot players who would decimate me as I advanced.

With this in mind it may be prudent to avoid HtH combat with Khorne armies until they are well saturated with archer fire.
Long live the Witch King!