If DE was your first army, what was your second?

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Chaos (Beasts or Hordes)
20%
Bretonnia
6%
Dwarfs (including Chaos Dwarfs)
12%
Empire
6%
Other Elves (High or Wood)
12%
Lizardmen
6%
Ogre Kingdoms
2%
Orcs & Goblins
12%
Skaven
4%
Undead (Tomb Kings or Vampire Counts)
22%

Total votes: 51

Brylcreem
Dark Rider

Post by Brylcreem »

Hi all,
I just started working on my second army for WFB after starting off with D. Elves. I was just curious for the rare few of you who started playing as Druchii and then decided to branch out into a new army, what it was.

-Brylcreem
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

I was just curious for the rare few of you who started playing as Druchii and then decided to branch out into a new army

I'm sure it's not a rare thing. I'm sure most here will always be DE players at heart, but branching off to other things isn't unheard of. I myself have recently started a new project in Chaos Dwarfs. Once you go hat, you don't go back ;)
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Brylcreem
Dark Rider

Post by Brylcreem »

I guess what I meant and what I wrote were somewhat different.

What I meant was that it was probably rare that your very first army was DE as they are a rather difficult army to start learning the game from. I guess that could be a blatant generalization though.

-Brylcreem
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other."

-Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth
Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

though druchii will always be my favourate i also like using vampire counts. i just love summoning up armys of undead every turn.
"I have this magic sword, it kills people when you stick it in them"
Prince of arnheim
Renegade Reaver

Post by Prince of arnheim »

I only have my Dark elves so far but if I start a new race it will be Orcs and Goblins cause they sound like a challenging force to work with. That won't be any time soon though as I am not too impressed with their book at the moment. They could use some new Orc models too. Compared the Dwaeves and Empire releases they didn't get much, the new Empire models are awesome so I would go with them maybe too.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

My favorite Army are my beloved druchii, never ever would i part with them. but my second army was just Goblins. I wanted to go with a horde-ish army and some crazy stuff in it too. Plus i have the occasional Black Orcs throughout my army, can't go wrong with plastic Black Orcs! My THird Army, was Empire, then my 4th was Skaven and VC, i painted and played skaven and VC at the same time round abouts. Im thinking of making a new army of Orge Kindoms!
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Hali
Grand Executioner

Post by Hali »

Nurgle Beastmen are my second army.

I do like my Dark Elves still, they're a great army to play. But the Beastmen hold more of a fun challenge and i enjoy using them more than my Dark Elves now, also because the second army you've got more experience, and you have a better idea of what needs to be done. So it's easier to choose and army you like.
Artein
Highborn

Post by Artein »

DE first and only army for WFB
however I started a WH army for W40k
and I'm waiting for a new ChD to be my second WFB army
Druchii1988
Beastmaster

Post by Druchii1988 »

My first army is druchii and my second army Beasts of Chaos (all marks). I wanted a very different army but still one that was fun to play (read: no dwarfs or Bretonnia). By now I have payed four battles with them and I am very happy with my choice.
Lord malek
Beastmaster

Post by Lord malek »

my 1st army wasnt DE it was dwarves followed by chaos dwafrs. I didnt get round to my DE untill around my 5th army after O&G and VC but they are the army i have painted the most of and are my largest standing army atm... i just feel that the DE are missing somthing, what i cant put my finger on it but i have high (ish) hopes for the next army book.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I took TK as new army. It was new, had a battalion box, was original, completely different and my local gaming club had no undead army.
I don't regret the choice!
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Sedro
Beastmaster
Location: sieging Ulthuan...alone when not in gothenburg Sweden

Post by Sedro »

My second army are Woodies, third: a little core high elves army(mostly used to be dead :twisted: ) forth i felt have to get back to the evil: Druchii! because they are in the middle of my heart ;) .............. :badh: who know some time i´m maybe make my third.
Innocent greed
Trainee Warrior

Post by Innocent greed »

My scond army was VC, which i started with a friend of mine and it's great to summon wave after wave of undead servants.
I also love the sceleton-models as u can convert them to nearly everything and we've done a few scary models.

My third army are Ogres, and i just play them for fun --> Gnoblars go on killing spre
Shadow dark
Noble

Post by Shadow dark »

I went from druchii to dwarfs (don't hurt me...), as i loved the character and backbone of the dwarfen race. And the idea of sticking axes into peoples groins.
Hi, i'm Shadow Dark. I spend my time teaching dragons the difference between their food and the slaves that bring it in
Kergoth
Corsair

Post by Kergoth »

I went from highly civilised elfs straigth to an brutal, few thinking, die-hard all orc army. It is a welcome change sometimes...

But in my hart I'm still and only a druchii.
There are 24 beers in a pack
There are 24 hours in a day
coincidence?
I think NOT!
Seanzala
Death Jester

Post by Seanzala »

Empire were my second army. A (not so) mighty Ostland force it was.

SZ
Kheirakh
Assassin

Post by Kheirakh »

My first true army was druchii, second is wood elves and next I want the upcoming chaos dwarves.
My avatar is so cute, isn't it?
Damnosus
Highborn

Post by Damnosus »

Skaven was my second army, however I quickly moved to dwarves after about 500pts.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Druchii were my first, I had a crack at dwarves but they were boring so I stoped after only buying some warriors and a Thane. If I went for another army it would by Chaos Daemons of Tzeentch, which unfortunatly you do not have an option for on your poll.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Brylcreem
Dark Rider

Post by Brylcreem »

Yeah sorry about that. I couldn't include everything as you are only allowed 10 entries in a poll. As it is I had to combine a few similar (or not so similar depending on your perspective) just to get it down to 10.

-Brylcreem
Last edited by Brylcreem on Fri May 18, 2007 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darklord of naggaroth
Dark Rider
Location: A dreaded place where any mere mortal would not be able to bear...Manchester

Post by Darklord of naggaroth »

well I'm still going strong on druchii!
The Weak deserve To Die
DarkLord
Haplo
Highborn

Post by Haplo »

Cult of slaanesh of course :twisted:
Darklord of naggaroth
Dark Rider
Location: A dreaded place where any mere mortal would not be able to bear...Manchester

Post by Darklord of naggaroth »

Haplo wrote:Cult of slaanesh of course :twisted:

ha! that's so druchii-if you can't have the best, then go for the next best, which are still dark elves.
The Weak deserve To Die
DarkLord
Xerasi
Highborn

Post by Xerasi »

I started DE and reading more into the background, sorta got scared of them when I was 12... Disliked that everything was so evil etc. Then I made a small bretonnia force, of about 1k points in 5th edition. I got tired of the goodness and got back to DE. Ever since that my heart has belonged to the druchii. I have however made a stops in the chaos waste, and a quicky by the woodies. Currently I've finnished a DoW army, though a few models are still being added, maybe more to come. I've started up converting some Chaos dwarfs, I've gotten 1 95% scratched BSB who still needs some armour, a hand and a banner on his pole to be finnished, and 3 or so dwarfs with full armour except shoulder plates.

That army will actually be the first army where I havent had a stop with DE.
DoW 2/2.25k W-L-D: 22 - 4 - 3
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

my second army was chaos, then VC, then night gobbos and then Tomb kings.

Sold off all but the druchii and TK now, couldn't take them all with me on the plane after all