Gale Force 9 Magnetic Sheets?

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Metallic malekith
Executioner

Gale Force 9 Magnetic Sheets?

Post by Metallic malekith »

In this link you can see the magnetic sheets I'm talking about;

http://www.gf9.com/store/product_info.p ... 7b09b371d7

I was wondering if anyone had used this stuff for magnetising entire regiments and if so did it work?

Or someone else who knows if its good to use for that purpose (magnetising regiments) anyway, it looks like a very thin sheet, just like normal paper only then magnetic.

Also in the text next to the picture in the link it says "This is NOT MAGNETIC SHEETING! This product is more like flexible tin. Magnets stick to it VERY well." >> so it IS magnetic sheeting only flexible, is that correct?

Anyway, if it really is what I think it is, IT'S AWESOME! because I've seen people unload whole armies within minutes when all attached with magnets to their (magnetic) movement trays.

I really hope someone can tell me something more about this product,
awaiting eagerly.. . . .

MM
Facing the sun as they went to their grave
Burn like a dog or you live like a slave
Death is the price for your soul's liberty
To stand with the cathars and to die and be free
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Haven't got them yet, still intend on getting them.

I've read nothing but good reviews and comments regarding them, so based off of the threads from Warhammer.org/uk or Warseer's forums I'd suggest them, and they are relatively cheap. On the site, IIRC they demonstrate the strength by fixing pewter models to the side of a filing cabinet.

Fr0
Getwisteerd
Highborn
Location: The duke's forest (yes that's the name of the town I live in)

Re: Gale Force 9 Magnetic Sheets?

Post by Getwisteerd »

Metallic Malekith wrote:Also in the text next to the picture in the link it says "This is NOT MAGNETIC SHEETING! This product is more like flexible tin. Magnets stick to it VERY well." >> so it IS magnetic sheeting only flexible, is that correct?

No, in that case they wouldn't have said "this is not magnetic sheeting", would they? Magnets do stick to it but two of these sheets won't stick to eachother, it's just a sheet of metal.
Metallic malekith
Executioner

Ah oke, good to hear it works.

But if they dont stick to each other (which I didnt expect either actually), anyone knows where to buy small magnets for beneath the bases of models?

MM
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

If you purchase the magentic bases from GF9, they will magentically attach to the sheeting. That's what it's for.

Everything that I have from GF9 is amazing, from magnetic regiment bases to wound counters. They really understand what gamers need to help them play. I highly recommend them.

But if you don't want to buy from GF9 or want to attach magnets to existing bases, just do a search for small magnets. There are many places on the web that sell them for electronic and scientific applications.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Metallic malekith
Executioner

oke thanks, I'll then have a look around then for magnets. I ve got all my models on bases already so that wont work.

MM
Mormeguil
Trainee Warrior

Post by Mormeguil »

As strange as it might seem I have some real proble finding the right size of magnet for 20mm base. I also can,t seem to find some metalic sheet to but in my movement trays.
Furiouscado
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Furiouscado »

If it helps I get my magnetic bases at:
http://www.wargameaccessories.com/wargameaccessories/

They have all the sizes a fanatasy army needs and it's cheap. I don't remember if this site has the magnetic sheets, I got my sheet from a friend, but ordered all kinds of metal bases from this site. Hope this helps
Darktremere
Shade

Post by Darktremere »

If you can find the magnetic sheets, then this is a good place for magnets. The fit under the base very well, just a dab of glue and are very strong.

http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.p ... id=SP_MG75
Enslave those you do not crush.
Madlarks
Executioner

Post by Madlarks »

amazing magnets.com is a good place for tiny Rare earth magnets. Get the gf9 rubberized metal sheets and some simple fridge magnets (can buy them nearly any place) and cut the magnets out the size of the base then glue it to the bottom of the model. They are not as strong as the REM but will still stick upside down to the metal because there is enough surface touching it.
Venkh wrote:Overall, DE are a kind of swiss army knife of an army. We can do everything, just not quite as well as a dedicated tool.

Skaven 5-1-3
WE 2-0