vampires

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

van Awful
Highborn

vampires

Post by van Awful »

did anyone see these?
Maybe i just missed them,

http://www.games-workshop.de/home/news/ ... efault.htm

this vampire with the wing is awesome , so is conrad i think!

dh'akor
Nec spe, nec metu

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

Havn't seen those yet (holding back the excitment of something cool coming out of GW, yet failing misrably) but have you sseen the the bone cart yet?
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

ooh, the bat-winged vampire is awesome and so is Konrad, so... scary
Uman
Cold One Knight

Post by Uman »

Hadn't seen those, they do look cool. I had seen the Mannfred mini on horse in the January White Dwarf - there's a pic of the new Vlad as well - I think he (Vlad) looks a bit too much like the Necrarchs of the current book (very Nosferatu) compared with the von Carstein background and even the new Mannfreds look but the rest of the mini is very cool....

It will be interesting to see what they've done with the bloodlines now...

U
Blackfrost
Shade

Post by Blackfrost »

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121175

2-3 pics of new VC models complete with multpile angles.

Enjoy!
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

The riders remind me of the 5th ed Chaos Knights.

I didn't like them, either.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Draithon
Black Guard

Post by Draithon »

Hehe CN had those a week or 2 ago.But they are pretty cool models,shame that i wont use the knights,They are not dark elfy enough.(My army is darkelf themed,army blog on CN as well).
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.

Sun Tzu
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Some of it looks realy good, the Vargulf and the Plauge cart spring to mind. However I am disapointed with the vampires, to me they just dont have the class and style that sets them apart from chaos, particualy Manfred, Konrad is at least suposed to be a murduras mainic but Manfred is ment to be refined but still has no compunctions about riping out your small intestine and strangling his own mother with it. The Blood knights are quite nice but underwhelming compared to much of GW other work, but hte grave gaurd are a definate improvment.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Kheirakh
Assassin

Post by Kheirakh »

I think that all the new vampire counts models are amazing. They are original - not copies, ecspecially the vampires. Vampire models have a "warhammer" like appearance, so that's why I like them. It would be stupid if they were like Dracula-like or something like that.

I love the new skeletons and grave guard. Is there any news about possible new zombie models?

The only thing I don't like about the new VC release is the fact that ghouls are rank and file.
My avatar is so cute, isn't it?
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

They're rather.... craptacular. They really, really suck. Yet again GW get further and further away from having nice vampires.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Kaseliegth
Executioner

Post by Kaseliegth »

Can anyone confirm a friend of mine hassaid that the new blood dragon knights are to be released as a boxed set of 5 models for £50 is that right or is he pulling my leg
Tacitus
Cold One Knight

Post by Tacitus »

It's supposed to be £40 for the 5 Knights in a box, at least that's what is listed in GW Bristol.
- The Black Host (Druchii) - 47/17/5
- Shamblin' Horde (VC) - 9/2/2

Working on - 10k of Druchii (Done) / 3k of Vampires (250 left to go) / 12k of Tau (Done)
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

£40 for 5 knights? What makes these nights so differant from all of the others? GW is going crazy, one of these days they will put up their prices so high that even the most die hard fans are going to stop buying.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Tacitus
Cold One Knight

Post by Tacitus »

I think someone decided 'Hey, these knights are big and entirely metal, lets charge people more for them'. On the bright side the command is the same price as the normal dudes (~£10) ... er, scratch that attempt at being positive :lol: .
- The Black Host (Druchii) - 47/17/5
- Shamblin' Horde (VC) - 9/2/2

Working on - 10k of Druchii (Done) / 3k of Vampires (250 left to go) / 12k of Tau (Done)
Danceman
The Devil in Pale Moonlight

Post by Danceman »

It is indeed true... I believe it is 600-650 SEK for 5 of them. Insane. They arent very good looking either. I´ll be making mine from the new grave guard and pimped-out current undead horses.
"Dying is for fools." - Charlie Sheen
Venkh
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Venkh »

They look pretty dorky dont they. Sillly helmet syndrome strikes again in 3 out of 5 of them.

Is this really the end result of a painstaking concept and design process by the worlds finest miniature artists and sculptors? I know there is no accounting for taste but these fellows look like idiots.

I look at my beautifully sculpted plastic Brets and wonder what the hell went wrong.

On a more positive note the bone cart looks absolutely brilliant. I cant believe it is made by the same company.
Dictator
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dictator »

The cart is going to be a great force multiplier to all those infantry units that I lug around on the battlefield. I do want to get a varghulf. Seems as those they are the next generation of "bat form" vampires.

@Venkh: I agree. The models just don't have that "Spark," about them. Maybe they will suprise me but I doubt it. I'll buy a few carts and a vargulf but nothing else.

Anyone else agree with GW changing Ghouls to be a ranked up unit and not a skirmishing one?
"The Cowards never came, the Weak died along the way, the Brave arrived, the Tough remained." -unknown American pioneer
VC painting log
My blog
My Lizardmen
Venkh
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Venkh »

I agree with the change to ghouls. VC are maneoverable enough with the bats swarms and fell bats as it is.

They might operate in loose packs in graveyards etc but i can see them banding togather into a pack when threatened or ordered to attack an enemy.

The model range is looking good although I dont understand why they diddnt put the resource diverted to the KOTBK into producing new black knights - those models really needed a redo.
Danceman
The Devil in Pale Moonlight

Post by Danceman »

I must admit I will miss having skirmishers. On the other hand we´ll be getting cheaper wolves, fell bats and swarms(least if one should believe the rumours and there isnt much else to go on now).

Also, having a rather cheap T4 undead ranked unit isnt half bad either.
"Dying is for fools." - Charlie Sheen
Kaseliegth
Executioner

Post by Kaseliegth »

Sorry what is KOTBK

I started collecting VC's about 1 year ago to wait for the new model and i must say im impressed with them looking forward to playing, converting and painting with the new models. The corpse cart is just great does anyone know if you can have more then one per army and any ideals on what it does?
Venkh
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Venkh »

KOTBK = Knights of the blood keep - Oooh scary monsters!
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Tacitus wrote:I think someone decided 'Hey, these knights are big and entirely metal, lets charge people more for them'. On the bright side the command is the same price as the normal dudes (~£10) ... er, scratch that attempt at being positive :lol: .

So quite like those metal Cold one Knights then? And fairly similar to those chaos knights as well, neither of which warrant a £40 price tag. Chaos are £35 mind and that pushed me to make chaos knights out of other boxed sets.

Gentleman of Moderation
Darkest one
Trainee Warrior

Post by Darkest one »

i think we all agree on this one GW NEEDS!! to lower there prices
Don't make me hurt you.......
You know I will
Lordofthenight
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Lordofthenight »

So quite like those metal Cold one Knights then? And fairly similar to those chaos knights as well, neither of which warrant a £40 price tag. Chaos are £35 mind and that pushed me to make chaos knights out of other boxed sets.

Cold one knights have plastic cold ones though. These apparently have metal mounts too.

I;m not going to get them because I don't like the models, nothing to do with the price. If I re-do my vampires, I'll use Bretonnians instead.
Punishment leads to Fear. Fear leads to Obedience. Obedience leads to Freedom. Therefore, Punishment leads to Freedom.

Kuyoz Nightkiller
WS: 4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Repeater Crossbow, Short Sword, Shade Cloak, Light Armour
5 throwing daggers, 90gc
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well whose fault is that? I am pretty damn sure that if GW can make a Mumack in plasitic they could have done the blood Knights that way to. I firmly belive that if they just lowerd their prices a bit they would make more money, I have lost count of the number of people who quit largly because it just got so expensive.

Gentleman of Moderation