2000 pts. dwarf list

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Metallic malekith
Executioner

2000 pts. dwarf list

Post by Metallic malekith »

hey all,

I will be having a batlle with my dwarfs next week bu I don't know yet what army I'll be facing so I've tried to make a nice (non-competitive) all-round 2000 pts. dwarf army.

This is what I came up with:

- Dwarf Lord, shield bearers, shield, master rune of challenge, rune of snorri spanglehelm (+1 to hit), rune of fury, rune of cleaving. 268
Hitting on 2+ and (probably often) wounding on 2+ as well is very nice, the MR of Challenge will assure he'll see combat
- Thane, master rune of gromril, BSB 122
- Runesmith, master rune of balance, shield 122

- 20 warriors, shields, FC 205
- 15 longbeards, gw, FC 220
- 10 quarrelers, shields, musician 125
- 10 thunderers, shields, musician 155
Some strong blocks as well as varied fire power, thunders are for killing hvy cav and other armoured guys. Not sure about the gw's on the longbeards though, usually just give them shields.

- 18 iron breakers, FC 264
- 7 slayers 77
- 10 miners, musician, champion with steam drill 150
- 2 boltthrowers, 2 engineers, 1 rune of penetrating 150
Iron breakers hold against anything from the front, always include them. Slayers are for maybe holding a unit up for some rounds and win some time on a precious flank or so, only cost 77 pts. Miners and boltthrowers always come in handy.

- 1 organ gun 120
Just awesome killing power, haven't got that many warmachines anyway so an organ won't hurt my image :P

That's exactly 2000 points. I think it's a nice all round list with 6 dispell dice, some shooting and some blocks as well, what do you think of it?

EDIT: it's not 2000 pts. anymore, I've got 44 pts. unspend, what t do with them is the question now?

MM
Last edited by Metallic malekith on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facing the sun as they went to their grave
Burn like a dog or you live like a slave
Death is the price for your soul's liberty
To stand with the cathars and to die and be free
Danceman
The Devil in Pale Moonlight

Post by Danceman »

I seriously would consider making the thane a BSB. Probably will help you out a whole lot of times. The extra CR from the BSB is also nice! Probably get rid of the slayers to find the points for this. For the reminder I´d get 4 more miners. 2x7 is nice. The extra amount of numbers will also let them survive some shooting.

I would also strongly recommend droping the shooting units to 10 and up the number of Longbeards and definately get rid of the Great weapons. GWs are never ever a good idea for them. You will go down to a 5+ save which will see alot more dwarfs fall and with a rather low dwarfcount of 15 is just isnt durable enought. The 3+ save is what makes us dwarfs tough to face, not our damage capabilities in HtH. B

So in short, add more bulk to your units(miners, LBs). Might want to consider a nice banner for your lords unit. Like banner of stoic for example. Keeps the outnumber bonus on the right side, also useful when facing fear causing armies.

Cheers
"Dying is for fools." - Charlie Sheen
Metallic malekith
Executioner

thanks alot,

You convinced me, of. . . . pretty much anything you said hehe :P

I'll edit the list as folowing;
- 10 archers and thunderers instead of 12
- no more gw's for the longbeards
- thane is now BSB

that leaves me now with 44 pts. left to spend, bit of a dillema on what to spend those on, I was thinking of maybe
- 4 longbeards (with the thane possibly in it that would make a nice (+ 3 rank bonus)
- maybe a rune of determination for 20 pts (single breaktest for the unit on only 1 d6)
- rune of battle? (+1 combat resolution)
- 4 miners?

dificult . . . . .

MM
Danceman
The Devil in Pale Moonlight

Post by Danceman »

4 Longbeards sounds like the best option IMO. As with the BSB you´re already getting that +1 combat res and re-rolling ld9 for breaktests so RoDetermination might be abit of an overkill.

Cheers!
"Dying is for fools." - Charlie Sheen
Metallic malekith
Executioner

hmmm yes now I think of it that would certainly be overkill, 4 longbeards it is then, thanks again.

I'm playing a battle this evening with the list, I'll post the result in this topic as well tomorrow.

MM