vampire rules query

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Cynath ch'ill
Noble

vampire rules query

Post by Cynath ch'ill »

hi everyone, could someone please clear up a couple of questions i have about the corpse cart.

are the bonus' culmulative? i.e, if two cropse carts are within range of a unt of zombies/skellies e.t.c, do they gain D3+2 (2 carts)?

same for the -1 for enemy casting rolls.

Thanks in advance!

p.s also, for vlad's heavily armoured appearance what armour does he have, if any at all?
Tacitus
Cold One Knight

Post by Tacitus »

For the cart only the Balefire upgrade (the -1 to cast) is cumulative, the Unholy Lodestone (+1 raised/healed) isn't.

Oddly enough Vlad doesn't actually have any armor what so ever, I'd love to know who messed that one up....
- The Black Host (Druchii) - 47/17/5
- Shamblin' Horde (VC) - 9/2/2

Working on - 10k of Druchii (Done) / 3k of Vampires (250 left to go) / 12k of Tau (Done)
Cynath ch'ill
Noble

Post by Cynath ch'ill »

great thanks for clearing that up for me, now i really do have a healthy disrespect for the corpse cart and deepening mistrust/hatred of gav thorpe.

How has that man stayed in the job so long!

The vlad issue is abit of a mystery isn't it? it may be akin to our own executioners being given light armour when the models so obviously contridicted this. Vlad only seems to have a 4+ward, which is contridctory to the excellent model available for him.

Nice one gav, you've done it again.
Tacitus
Cold One Knight

Post by Tacitus »

While I couldn't agree more about the nature of Mr. Thorpe, he isn't the only one capable of producing this kind of debacle .... there's so much room for interpretation in the new book that a FAQ really is needed.

Considering how hard Vlad is to kill when backed up by anything able to resotre wounds (Isabella/another vamp with IoN), the addition of heavy armor wouldn't really add much, as blood drinker and a 4+save/return form the dead more than make up for it in 95% of circumstances
- The Black Host (Druchii) - 47/17/5
- Shamblin' Horde (VC) - 9/2/2

Working on - 10k of Druchii (Done) / 3k of Vampires (250 left to go) / 12k of Tau (Done)