3500 Multi-Deamon Army

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Melikai the wicked
Black Guard

3500 Multi-Deamon Army

Post by Melikai the wicked »

Skull Taker, Chariot of Khorne =300pts

Epidemius =135pts

Herald Of Khorne-, BSB, Banner Of Hellsfire , Firestone Blade , Armor Of Khorne =275pts

Herald Of Khorne- Etherblade =150pts

Herald Of Nurgle Lv.1 , Staff Of Nurgle =215pts

Herald Of Tzeentch-, Flames of Tzeentch , Iredescent Corona =165pts

Bloodletters- Full Command 17+ unit =234pts

Bloodletters-, Full Command 17+ unit =234pts

Plaguebearers- Full Command , Banner of Sweeping Decay 20+ unit =295pts

Pink Horrors-{Musician, Standard}, Banner of Change Changeling 27+ unit =427pts

Flesh Hounds- 5+ unit =175pts

Flamers- 5+ unit =175pts

Flamers- 5+ unit =175pts

Blood Crushers-, Blood Reapers 5+ unit =370pts

TOTAL POINTS- 3500

Basicly Its a mixed raced, balance army that consist of hero type charaters.

Cleaned up by Linda
Aspiring executioner
Assassin
Location: Raiding Lustria for more cake...(Newcastle, Australia)

Post by Aspiring executioner »

Next time don't post the points cost of every upgrade etc. Only post the total points cost of the units. Anyway it looks pretty solid with a bit of everything although i'd personally swap out a few heralds and downsize a few units to fit in a greater daemon of either Khorne, Tzeentch or Slaanesh for added close combat power and speed.
Dark Elf Tally using the 6th Ed. list
W: 11 D: 2 L: 8
Dark Elf Tally using the 7th Ed. List
W: 24 D: 2 L: 6
Melikai the wicked
Black Guard

Ummm...yeah sry bout the breakdown it was a copy and paste from notebook. As for the rest of your commet, while getting a greater deamon will increase hitting power and speed i find that i have made up for it with planety of S5 units then only tthing i believe i do lack would be speed but i think my mage and magical items and flamers more than make up for it.
Furiouscado
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Furiouscado »

Personally I think you'll get wrecked in a 3500 point game with this list. There is no static CR anywhere and no real punch. Ya you have lots of S5 units, but is that really that impressive in 3500 pt game? They're not big units by any means and when you fluff dice rolls when relying on the S5, you'll be in trouble. You can always count on static CR, so I suggest you utilize it.. ESPECIALLY when your army causes fear!

Also, people can, and will, afford to bring 2 monstrous Lords in a game this big and I don't see how you would handle it.

I like that you're trying to bring a diversified list, but I just don't see it working. I really like the idea of a nurgle army in 3500 with epidemius.. simply because of the tallying, but you don't have lots of nurgle so you won't be able to utilize him very much.. making him kind of a waste. If you're going to bring him, drop the two units of bloodletters for plaguebearers to give you somewhat more of an anvil unit. Otherwise, I'd drop epidemius all together and go a different route.
Melikai the wicked
Black Guard

I can understand your concern as i do not employ a greater deamon but i do not see how having a greater deamon increases my chances. All i see in the greater deamons are a single heavy hitting large target, they do not benifit the army as a whole, all they provide is another target that my opponent can smash against.
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

MODERATOR INFORMING: I removed the points costs THIS TIME, next time remember you can go back and edit a post..

Also please note that it is "I" not "i", "sorry" not "sry" etc.
Melikai the wicked
Black Guard

ok sure
Harabec

Post by Harabec »

Personally I don't like the character set up at all.

1)I would certianly second a greater demon at this size of game. Heralds are great and you can easily run all heralds at 2K but by 3500 you will need something to help pound enemy large monsters. Also will add something that can absorb enemy damage. You can help fund this by dropping epidemis and the khorne herald with the etherblade who both add little to the list curerently. If you really don't want a greater demon you could also consider a demon prince.

2)Would suggest dumping Epidemis as you have very few nurgle elements to take full advantage of his abilities.

3)The BSB doesn't currently work with the list. The banner is of little use as you have almost no magic ability in the army. and it will easily be dispelled. Would suggest either a different banner or boosting your magic with a lvl4 greater demon.

4) Would switch the Iridesecent corona on the Tzeetch herald for a spell breaker. You will likely need at least one scroll at this level.

5)Switch the champion in the blood crushers to a standard bearer. The +1 static CR is better then the extra attack at that unit size. Would probably even drop one of the crushers and instead mount your herald on a juggernaut and stick him here. Hatred on these guys is just cruel.

As an additional note, your list is pretty slow currently. I would strongly suggest working in at least 1-2 units of furies or Slaanesh units to rush warmachines and counter enemy flyers/fast cav.
Melikai the wicked
Black Guard

Ok just want to say thanks to everyone for thier comments and after some review I decided that taking in a greater deamon would be the better choice. So here is my revised army list:

Great Unclean One-Lv. 4, Staff of Nurgle. Trappings of Nurgle =670pts

Epidemius =135pts

Herald Of Nurgle Lv.1 , Staff Of Nurgle =215pts

Herald Of Nurgle-Lv.1, Noxious Vapors, Nurgles Rot =215pts

Herald Of Tzeentch-, Flames of Tzeentch , Iredescent Corona =165pts

Bloodletters-Full Command 21+ unit =282pts

Plaguebearers-Full Command, Icon of Eternal Virulence 20+ unit =295pts

Plaguebearers- Full Command , Banner of Sweeping Decay 20+ unit =295pts

Pink Horrors-{Musician, Standard}, Banner of Change, Changeling 27+ unit =427pts

Flamers- 5+ unit =175pts

Flamers- 5+ unit =175pts

Beast Of Nurgle =100pts

TOTAL POINTS- 3499

Basiclly it more focas on Epidemius and the rest of the nurgle units. Taking the great unclean one for a more magic boost, its still a slow moving army but I perfer to force my opponents to come to me as I hit them with lots of heavy hitting spells.
Furiouscado

Post by Furiouscado »

I think this list will work a lot better than the list you were running before. I hate to dismiss your diverse army idea, I just didn't think it would work. I wasn't even saying a greater demon is compulsory, just highly recommended. I like Nurgle's spell list a LOT. I can't remember it completely without the book, but I remember liking what I saw.

Is there a reason you're running 21 bloodletters? Are you planing to run them 7 wide? I like 6x3, but 7 seems a bit much, but I could be wrong.
Melikai the wicked
Black Guard

Well to be honest I put the bloodletters in not only for thier high str. but just to have them there. Also Thanks for your comments i too like how this has come out cant wait to try it out.
Harabec

Post by Harabec »

I really do like this list much more. I am fully supportive of mixed demon lists but that previous one was rather disjointed and the choices didn't compliment each other. This one is much more characterful and should be greatly more effective.

GOU is good, and provided not oonly a massively tough target but a huge boost to your magic capability. The altered unit choices will also be able to make greater use of Epidemis who didn't have a place previously. I don't see any glary weakness in the new list and is ready for some trial runs. Test things out against a couple different foes before changing much else at this stage.
Furiouscado

Post by Furiouscado »

ya give it a trial run and tell us how it goes and we can tweak from there. good luck!
Melikai the wicked
Black Guard

sry that i didnt get back to you guys sooner i too like how this list came out and i just want to say thanks to both of you guys for your helpand ill let you know how it turns out. See this army list is going in for use in the 'ard boys tourney. So here goes nothing.