Funniest/most unreasonable deaths and kills

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Detherius Zythaal
Shade

Re: Funniest/most unreasonable deaths and kills

Post by Detherius Zythaal »

With my TK, I had Khatep in his archer bunker charged by a daemon prince (from the 7th edition WoC book). The DP fails to wound khatep, the archers do nothing, Khatep puts a wound on the DP (don't remember what the stomp did), he flees (good ol' crappy DP wasn't even unbreakable back then) and I catch him.
It was really epic coming from such an old man.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

Competition in the start of the year. it was a doubles 1k match, i had 1k Dark Elves and my mate had VC.
Second match we went up against a Beastman Chariot army and a Dark Elf Monster mash.
Thanks to a well placed unit of Dark Riders and Fell Bats, 2 War Hydras and a Kharibdys overran in line of sight of my friend Spirit Host. These little fuckers then charged the first Hydra, did 1 wound, won by 3 (Charge+Flank+Wound) It broke and got caught by the little guys who then (thanks to the overrun) charged into the War Hydra next to it. No wounds but still won by 2 (Charge+Flank) this one broke aswell and also got overrun by the Spirit hosy. who then again flew into the Kharibdyss which also broke and got caught. In 2 turns these little bastards ate close to 500 points of monster.

In the following turn the other players devided to nuke the dying day light out of the little guys with all the magic they had and they didn't take a single wound from it.
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Ruerl khan
Corsair
Location: Isha's Torment, somewhere in the world raiding (Denmark)

Post by Ruerl khan »

Back in 5th edition: An 79 point assassin with a potion of strength killing an emperor dragon in one turn of combat (that is, inflicting 9 wounds with 3 attacks).

Thats the most unreasonable amount of luck I ever had.
Burn Ulthuan
Mordrin
Warrior

Post by Mordrin »

Not a story of a kill or a death per say, but I still feel the urge to share this story.
Last christmas my little brother was visiting and we decided to do a little gaming, me playing my DE and him playing his WoC. First time ever he was playing the current edition and he felt the need for a BSB. So I went over to a friend and got my hands on the chaos spacemarine lord from the Dark Vengeance starter pack.
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2540226a_60010199006_DVChaosLord_873x627.jpg
We started converting him, cutting of the plasma pistol and putting a banner there instead, and cover up the backside with a shield. It was far from finished but my brother seemed quite pleased with the model so we decided to do a few games, and we ended up playing all night.

Game one was a draw.

Then he had an awful bad luck with his rolls in game two. So when his BSB did his mandatory challenge I mostly for fun accepted with my champion, of course his BSB killed my champ pretty bad.
Then he rolls double 1's on his eye of the gods roll. And fails the Ld test ...
I was laughing hard as his BSB turned into a spawn, while my brother was questioning the odds. I soon won the game with a crushing victory.

In game three his bad rolls continued and he was loosing the game. Once again his BSB threw a challenge and once again I accepted with my champion while I scornfully reminded him what happened last game.
He kills the champion, roll on the eye of the gods.
Double 1's ...
Fails his Ld test AGAIN!

I fell to the floor laughing so hard while he was muttering something about breaking of the banner from the model and shovel it through its head and just convert it to a spawn straigth on. !lol!

I suppose the Chaos gods weren't quite happy with his new BSB. ;)
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Beautiful model!

But the Chaos gods be capricious masters :burns:
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Clockwork
Highborn

Post by Clockwork »

I started putting Skink Chiefs with bare equipment but Quango Eggs and Potions of Strength into my Lizardmen lists, just in the hope that they would one day enter the halls of fame and end up here. Alas, it was never meant to be...
dms505
Shade

Post by dms505 »

Stegadon charged a unit of 8 Ogres with BSB with 4+ 5++, the skinks on top killed the BSB.
Carsenik
Trainee Warrior

Post by Carsenik »

Last game I played was co-op 4k points.

Turn 1 SS lv4in CoB/WE horde. SS casts blade wind on Wood Elves Horsed making them panic, failed panic test causes nearby Pheonix Guard and spearmen and crossbowmen to panic all failed tests. spearmen run off the table. Other two are near the edge. Next turn, SS irresistible force Black Horror right down the center of the PG and Xbowmen, they both panic and fail and run off the board. SS Blows up into nothingness. Super funny.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

This happened last weekend.

Chimera and a stubborn unkillable tzeentch wizard lord charge the front of my witch elves.
Witch elves turn on their blenders and make both knto a bloodg mist before they even got to attack. How did this happen?

About 11 poison hits on the chimera saw it fail enough of its regen to go bye bye.
Then the chaos lord took about 10 wounds himself, saved all but 4 with armor and rolled his 3++, re-rolling 1s.
2, 2, 2, 1.
Dead chaos lord.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Dalamar wrote:This happened last weekend.

Chimera and a stubborn unkillable tzeentch wizard lord charge the front of my witch elves.
Witch elves turn on their blenders and make both knto a bloodg mist before they even got to attack. How did this happen?

About 11 poison hits on the chimera saw it fail enough of its regen to go bye bye.
Then the chaos lord took about 10 wounds himself, saved all but 4 with armor and rolled his 3++, re-rolling 1s.
2, 2, 2, 1.
Dead chaos lord.

Gotta love it when you kill those unkillable cheat characters in one go! :D
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

Mounted Warriors of Chaos BSB with a 2+ AS and 3+ WS charged into my RBT. Previously 2 wounds down from a boosted Searing Doom he was still reasonably safe, turns out the RBT crew had other plans. Passed their fear checks, 5+ to hit, 6+ to wound lead to a single wound getting through.

An armour save of a 1 and a ward save of a 2 meant he fell onto the crews blades before he could hit back :twisted:
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
Watchmaster
Lost in the Chaos Wastes

Post by Watchmaster »

7th edition Lizardmen: My Skink Chief on ancient stegadon with war spear (2D6+1 S6 impact hits) charged a lone marauder horseman who was stuck in the flank of my saurus. In all my countless games using that war spear, this was the only time I ever rolled double six's for hits.

8th ed ogres: Ironblaster split its barrel turn one, but got into perfect position to rear charge some white lions who were trying to flank my ironguts. Tying them up for a turn would have let the ogres turn to face them, setting the stage for a massive win. Ironblaster charges, easily rolls high enough, plows through a section of forest... Roll 1 for dangerous terrain, 6 for wounds. The White Lions never did learn what caused the explosion behind them, as they rushed to flank my main unit and carry the day...
Khaleth Blackheart
Would-be Seerlord or Quack doctor

Post by Khaleth Blackheart »

Couple of years ago I was playing a 4000pt team game with me and my DE and a friends WoC vs HE and Empire. Around turn three the HE player charged Tyrion against my unit of 7 rxb (who'd suffered a few shooting casualties) he proceeded to fluff all of his attacks and the rxb managed to put a wound on him, Tyrion then fled from combat and rolled 5" flee and my rxb caught and ran him down :twisted:
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Khaleth Blackheart wrote:Couple of years ago I was playing a 4000pt team game with me and my DE and a friends WoC vs HE and Empire. Around turn three the HE player charged Tyrion against my unit of 7 rxb (who'd suffered a few shooting casualties) he proceeded to fluff all of his attacks and the rxb managed to put a wound on him, Tyrion then fled from combat and rolled 5" flee and my rxb caught and ran him down :twisted:

Glorious!
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
DA SAVAGE
Warrior

Post by DA SAVAGE »

My first game ever my brothers vampire counts were against my tomb kings. He left his Vampire lord out of a unit to get sniped by a unit of horsemen with bows. I won because he failed all of his saves and then crumbled.

A few battles ago i was DE and my other brother(The one i have only beat once :()was lizards. I charged my K-beast into the side of his Stegadon who had 3 wounds. I killed it over ran and with 0 wounds done i overrun into skinks i killed 4 but the poisned me and did 4 wounds his skink priest uses his one attack and kills my K-beast with a 6 to hit and wound
This was my third army my other armies are
3200 points of dwarfs
3000 of tomb kings
About 3000 of this but it will be 4000 after Christmas
And 2500 Orcs and Goblins
stuaker
Warrior

Post by stuaker »

Combat between a group of warlocks and a soulgrinder (an unfortunate match-up). The soulgrinder didn't have many wounds left, but the warlocks attacking him didn't get any hits in.
He ended up dying from a kick from one of their steeds
Started Warhammer with Dark Elves in 2002, stopped playing in 2005. Came back in 2013.
Other armies; Tyranids, Lizardmen
Main opponents: Slaanesh Daemons, Tomb Kings, Savage Orcs.
Anyone in New Zealand for games and trades?
Xuza
Corsair

Post by Xuza »

Combat between my Kharibdyss and a Vampire lord on a Zombie Dragon, the Vampire lord was a blender with quickblood 2+ str and 4++ wardsave..

The Blender goes first and fluffs a bit, only doing 4 wounds to the Kharibdyss, and I reason like this, "Ok, it's going to die anyway next turn so I might aswell try to do some wounds to the dragon and finish it with magic/bolts next turn.".
I roll my to hit, hit all 5 attacks, sweet extra attacks! Roll 3 extra.. Wound 6... No more dragon.. The follow up thunder stomp is 4 hits, 4 wounds. The Vampire lord rolls his wardsaves and failed 3 of them..

And in the end the Kharibdyss survived the battle with its last wound.
Betrayal comes natural...