Murphy's unwritten rules of warhammer

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kasumi
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Kasumi »

When your 600pt Supreme Sorceress with PoK on Black Dragon miscasts she will always get a double 1.
Do you know that Korhil is ambidextrous?

Nurgle is infact just a little boy who hasn't taken a bath for milennia
Magicafiend
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Magicafiend »

If your opponent casts 5 dice spells every turn he will get 4 irresistables that game but no miscasts. How about that?
Mmmmmmmmmmm Gribly
Venkh
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Venkh »

If you are playing with Brets you will make your 5+ saves at least half of the time.

Fireball aimed at your hydra will always cause at least 5 unsaved wounds

The one time you decide to take a dreadlord in a unit of 10 COK, they will fail stupidity 4 times durung the game
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

When your squigg herd is charged, looses the melee by a lot, and needs just to fail its morale test in order to get a nice squigg explosion dealing great damage to all units in vicinity, which will be achieved by any result save the double-one-I-refuse-to-quit... this is when you'll roll the only snake eye result of the whole game (a pity for an all-goblin army).
Yes, it happens.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Thanasi the soulless
Trainee Warrior

Post by Thanasi the soulless »

When U design a themed army your enemy will be strong where you are weakest, trust me...
Long live the Witch King!
Lasthobbit
Executioner

Post by Lasthobbit »

If you are going to shoot to the enemy's pegasus-mounted hero you will always scored a hit 3 times (2 wounds to peggy, 1 - to the hero). Next shoot will fail to hit.
...__i___
...))))) r
.\OOOOO/
~~~~~~~~~
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

These laws go without saying.

"Anything that can go wrong, will." ~ 'Murphy's Law'

"Anything that can go wrong, will—at the worst possible moment." ~ Finagle's Corollary to Murphy's Law.

These are my own.

"Anything that can go wrong, will—everyone will know about it, and assume it to be your fault." ~ Khel's Corollary to Murphy's Law.

"No matter how many dice you roll, you'll always be at least 1 from your successful total." ~ Khel's Law of Dice Gods.

"The chance of your opponent rolling three 6's is proportional to when they need three 6's to win." ~ Khel's Second Law of Dice Gods

"No matter how good you are, Lady Luck shall always win." ~ Khel's Law of luck>skill

"If it appears you are going well, you've overlooked something." ~ Khel's Law of Uncertain Success

"No matter how far your general is behind the wall, the probability of that cannonball hitting will always equal 1." ~ Khel's Law of The Hero's Fall
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Khel wrote:"The chance of your opponent rolling three 6's is proportional to when they need three 6's to win." ~ Khel's Second Law of Dice Gods

The complement to this is

"Anytime your opponent says I need 3 6's to win, they shalt roll them. Paradoxically anytime you say I need 3 6's to win thou shalt never achieve this..."
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Lasthobbit
Executioner

Post by Lasthobbit »

Any chances in FB is equal to 50%. Yes or No.
For example: Chances of spearmen block to kill the Black Dragon on the flank is 50%. Chances to roll a miscast with two dices is 50% - you would roll it or not.
...__i___
...))))) r
.\OOOOO/
~~~~~~~~~
Accersitus
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Accersitus »

When playing Bretonians, if an attack leaves you with a 6+ Armor Save and the 5+ ward save, you will roll 5 on all the armor saves, and less than 5 on all the ward saves.
Flash29
Assassin

Post by Flash29 »

if you expect deathby a powerfull unit they, will do nothing
my cold one knights saved 8 of 8 st4 attacks from phoenix guard, who were then completely annihalated

if you disregard the danger a specific unit holds, you will die horribly
i lost a cold one knight to the stand and shoot of a single noble, and perceded to fail 3 of the 3 2+ armour saves against some lothren seaguard. hereby taking my back rank and giving them another turn of combat by being steadfast, there was a hydra present, that munched up a good combat resolution.

you will never roll that easy charge with swiftstride but when you need a 12 rolled, your infantry will always come true
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

An army containing proxy models, generally loses.

Ld 8 rolls fail more than Ld 6 rolls.

If you roll lots of 6's for to hit, you'll not score a single 6 for KB afterwards.

When you really need a spell to go off, you'll fail by 1 point

When you cast on one die, you'll roll a 1 or a 2. When your opponent is dispelling on one die, they'll NOT roll a 1 or a 2.
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

When you have a 6+ scaly skin save on a hydra you will roll all 4s and 5s, the regen rolls will all be 1,2,3s
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Too cold
Executioner

Post by Too cold »

The drunk player always wins.... :oops:
Too Cold

Only Khaine can judge me!
Tethlis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tethlis »

The powerhouse unit you just added to your list in order to try out will either die first turn, panic first, turn, or spend the entire game maneuvering around terrain or fighting gnoblars.

Single dice rolls of 2+ always result in 1 (repeating this one for emphasis ;))

Enemy warmachines only misfire when you're already winning.
There is no escape from Chaos. It marks us all.

Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

- If you have bad dice rolls, and after the game you sacrifice a few dice in front of the others to set an example (choose a really violent way, like setting them on fire or crushing them with a hammer), the next game will see you having very lucky rolls.

(The aforementioned has better results than using statistics)

I also have had good results with the threat (and always be prepared to carry out a threat) of microwaving the offending dice.

Never use the dice you rolled successful to-hits with to try for wounds. It just rolled a six, now it wants a rest :D
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~