The highest form of bad luck.

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Emal
Executioner

The highest form of bad luck.

Post by Emal »

Ok, i was playing a 2000pts game of my orcs and goblins against my friends daemons of chaos (mixed army)

Even from turn on i knew i was toasted.

In round one, half of my army rolls one on animosity, most notibly both my squig units.
Alltough one of my 20 man strong orc units roll a 6, they cant see an enemy so of course they storm straight in a wood area, the funny thing is that for the rest of the game that same unit keeps on rolling one's for animosity so they never leave the forest untill the 6th round.

Now, when my units finaly get their act together and start moving my giant manages to get charged by 2 beasts of nurge (a truly bad situation) the bad situation isnt exactly improved by the fact that i keep on rolling the headbutt result, so of course after a few round my giant fall, over my other 20 orc unit, killing 6 of them.

You may be asking where my hero was? well he was with my 19 strong unit of black orcs (with him they would be 20)
They get the charge against my oponents unit of bloodletters, i go for 2 hand weapons of my black orcs, hoping to bring em down, but nooooo not a single attack even hit em.
Now one would think that a warboss would do better... yeah right he couldnt even hit either.

And lets not talk about my night goblins, when the fanatics where released, they all stoped like one or 2 inches away from the oponent and decided to turn around and mow down the goblins.

And my squigs, ugh what a mess.
When they finaly get into close combat they fail to kill anything, they just get themselves killed and flees, but they wild squigs might be able to drag some daemons down, but noo, draging down goblins and orcs are a completley diferent thing tough.

Now back to the oc unit fighting with themselves in the woods, in round 5 a great unclean one enters the forest, by round 6 my orcs spot it, after having done nothing the entire game they see this bigh daemon that they might be able to bring down by static combat resolution, but they i just have to roll two 6es on my terror test, and thus my last unit is sent fleeing.

Under that game my oponent gained every single point from me while i managed to get 100pouints for killing one beast of nurgle.

The entre game was against me, or to be honest it was mostly the dices, how hard can it be to roll 3 or higher when you want to roll high and elow 5 when you want to roll low? apearently its horrible hard. :P
For the druchii
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

And then your model case was struck by lightning, and you personally were bitten by a scorpion, whereas your opponent won a racecar in a sweepstake?
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

We've all travelled this road before. You were lucky that it happened with Orcs & Goblins because it's funny when it happens to them and everyone laughs and pictures the funny moments such as your own fanatic wiping off nearly a whole rank of your Black Orcs and almost kill your general or your own rock lobber scattering backwards onto your chariots.

Orcs & Goblins are the only army which can make ridiculously bad luck feel funny. :D While playing with Dark Elves however, just make you want to sit in a corner and cradle yourself back to sanity.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Prince fabulas
Cold One Knight

Post by Prince fabulas »

I had the opposite of this last tuesday playing mighty empires.

We started a campaign with adapted rules and played the first three years.

We intend to start fighting battles next week so to speed up the inital development of the map we resolved all fights (and movement &c).

Anyway we played three full years I didn't fail a dice roll (needing from 2+ to 5+) until my last roll which was an attempt to build.

We figured out that it was approx. 35 rolls in a row.

Imagine we had been playing bloodbowl.

Anyway the result is there are 14 other players, I control about 20% of the board and they are all going to attack me.

So much for my plan of building up slowly and waiting for the right time to make my move. :roll:
Borog
Beastmaster

Post by Borog »

I had this happen to my opponent. Maybe not so bad as that, and he did make some crucial errors but the dice was definately against him.
It was 1500pts O&G vs Dwarf. In the end, I got about 2000 VP and he got 0. He managed to only bring down one (1) model in the entire game. One lone dwarf warrior fell after he charged it with 7 boarboys including the enemy general in his last turn. (which would be about round 4 as it was the only models he had left on the table)
That's just cruel...
Minsc
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Minsc »

Ok, i was playing a 2000pts game of my orcs and goblins against my friends daemons of chaos (mixed army)

Even from turn one i knew i was toasted.

Orc's vs Daemons - No wonder you felt that way so soon ;)