Dark Elf vs Warriors of chaos army lists?

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

The-nurgle-infected
Slave (off the Altar)

Dark Elf vs Warriors of chaos army lists?

Post by The-nurgle-infected »

I just wanted to hear your meaning on these 2 armies, where Dark elf were protecting a tower with some palisades in front, streaching from table side to table side. we played a 3150 pts game (I know.. strange number)

Warriors of Chaos
Lords:
Archaon. 685
Kholek 605

Hero:
Throgg 175
Exhalted hero. Mark of khorne, axe of khorne, favour of the gods, acid ichor, shield. 180
Sorcerer. Mark of Slaanesh. Lvl 2. Chaos Runeshield. The Third eye of tzeentch 200

Core:
12 Chaos Warriors. Mark of Nurgle. Shield, com. Banner of Rage. 287
12 chaos warriors. Mark of Khorne. Add. Com. Blasted Banner. 292
3 Trolls. 135

Special:
3 Dragon Ogres. Great. Com. 251
5 Chaos Knights. Com. Mark of Nurgle. Festering Shroud. 305

and Dark Elf.

Lords
Supreme sorceress..............................................................................................................Pts: 300
4th lvl sorceress, ring of darkness.

Dreadlord...........................................................................................................................Pts: 262
Repeater crossbow, Heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, Blade of ruin, enchanted shield, pendant of Khaeleth.

Heroes
Sorceress..............................................................................................................................Pts: 150
2rd lvl sorceress, tome of Furion.

Sorceress...............................................................................................................................Pts: 185
2rd lvl sorceress, dispel scroll, dispel scroll.

Master....................................................................................................................................Pts: 238
Heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, banner of Nagarythe.

Death Hag...............................................................................................................................Pts: 115
Rune of Khaine

Core
10 Crossbowmen....................................................................................................................Pts: 120
Command.

10 Crossbowmen....................................................................................................................Pts: 120
Command.

Command.

14 Corsairs..............................................................................................................................Pts: 165
Command.

15 Corsairs..............................................................................................................................Pts: 175
Command.

Special
20 Witch Elves........................................................................................................................Pts: 250
Command, (Hag): Witchbrew.

20 Executioners......................................................................................................................Pts: 295
Command, banner of murder.

15 Black Guards.....................................................................................................................Pts: 255
Command, (tower master): Crimson death.

Rare
Reaper bolt thrower...............................................................................................................Pts: 100

Reaper bolt thrower...............................................................................................................Pts: 100

You never know which of the dark gods claims your guts.
Xxaznxx0330
Slave on the Altar

Post by Xxaznxx0330 »

take the lore of metal on your sorceresses for sure.
no armor saves means those warriors of chaos are pretty vulnerable.

however, those units of 10 corsairs each will die pretty fast.. better in units of 20 or something

that's all
Brokenstone
Cold One Knight

Post by Brokenstone »

He seems pretty thin on characters, would have made it easy on yourself if you took a few harpies and just flew them around to delay his arrival, magic and shooting him for a few rounds could have been effortless. And something would break those special characters eventually.
The-nurgle-infected
Slave (off the Altar)

xxaznxx0330 wrote:take the lore of metal on your sorceresses for sure.
no armor saves means those warriors of chaos are pretty vulnerable.

however, those units of 10 corsairs each will die pretty fast.. better in units of 20 or something

that's all

well.. fair enough, but... I was the Chaos player :P... and after we played the scenario, I can tell that the corsairs didn't die that fast.. they ran away xD
The-nurgle-infected
Slave (off the Altar)

Brokenstone wrote:He seems pretty thin on characters, would have made it easy on yourself if you took a few harpies and just flew them around to delay his arrival, magic and shooting him for a few rounds could have been effortless. And something would break those special characters eventually.

Sounds like a nice idea with the harpies, but... my warriors of Khorne (inkluding my exhalted hero of khorne) didn´t reach his crossbowmen before the rest of the army was engaged in CC, so a couple of harpies wouldn´t have lasted long, I don't think they would last much longer than 1 turn (2 CC's)... well.. depends how many they are ofcause but,, well.. wouldn´t put my fate on them.
Shooting against chaos isn't a good idea. at least not when the dices was as they were xD.. after what I remember, in the first DE shooting phase, there was claimed 2 Khorne warriors... and that was one of the 4 Bolt throwers that did that damage. and sadly non of the 30 crossbowmen did any damage. (until the next CC phase, were one of them hit and wounded Kholek... with the only wound he lost in the entire battle :s)
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

What did you want from us here? Some feedback on composition, or how we'd play either side, or something else that I don't get? Anyway

The-Nurgle-infected wrote:Shooting against chaos isn't a good idea. at least not when the dices was as they were xD..

Shooting at Chaos in my experience has been very rewarding, but yeah when your rolls suck then it's a waste of time but that's dice for ya'.

Using Kholek AND Archaeon.. that's crazy man. Tell us more about the game if you don't mind. I'm interested in hearing more. Last and only time I saw Kholek fielded, he got in a bad spot, got flanked by 2 units of VC knights after they overran and he was cut to ribbons. :(
The-nurgle-infected
Slave (off the Altar)

Fr0 wrote:What did you want from us here? Some feedback on composition, or how we'd play either side, or something else that I don't get? Anyway

The-Nurgle-infected wrote:Shooting against chaos isn't a good idea. at least not when the dices was as they were xD..

Shooting at Chaos in my experience has been very rewarding, but yeah when your rolls suck then it's a waste of time but that's dice for ya'.

Using Kholek AND Archaeon.. that's crazy man. Tell us more about the game if you don't mind. I'm interested in hearing more. Last and only time I saw Kholek fielded, he got in a bad spot, got flanked by 2 units of VC knights after they overran and he was cut to ribbons. :(

sounds nasty with those vc knights... but anyway.. when Kholek reached the line of DEs he got stuck in a fight against the crossbowmen and a Bolt Thrower. Archaon was in the unit of Chaos knights and charged another bolt thrower. after they both got through archaon charged the unit of Exe. they eliminated 2 knights in the first round and the commander in the exe unit died because of a challenge with Archaon. Kholek moved on into the black guard unit and got stuck in some challenges against the Dreadlord and after that the battle standart bearer. my unit of trolls had charged the Witch elfs in the flank. at that point had neither the 2 warriors of chaos units, dragon ogres or corsair units been in a fight, the supreme sorc was sent off fleeing due to Archaons terror.
The-nurgle-infected
Slave (off the Altar)

and btw The DE Dreadlord survived one whole round against Kholek in a challenge, and not one of the 21 attacks passed his armour and ward save. both my opponent and me were pretty amazed that it was actually true. and.. well... we wont talk about the next round to be fair to my friend xD