Is 40k the answer of who survives Fantasy?

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kaleth stinson
Black Guard

Is 40k the answer of who survives Fantasy?

Post by Kaleth stinson »

Hey guys!

I have been wondering about the conection between fantasy and 40k, and what i can see from that, is that humans, orcs, Dark Elves, high elves, undeads, warriors of chaos and deamons are the survivors from Fantasy.
Or atleast thats my theory.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!
Jaith wrote:
"Why 10% more expensive?"

Mighty Beardtrix wrote:
"Because GW once said:"

"All your cash are belongs to us!"
Masked jackal
Noble

Post by Masked jackal »

There used to be a connection between the two canons, but now, all you'll see if some hints of it in the Chaos Wastes. Essentially no, the two universes are separate.
8th Edition Druchii War Report:
W/D/L: 30/1/15
http://www.freedomstudios.net/boredlife/boards/index.php?sid=18db5076e750fafca78c5ae7ed86bab3
Bored Life: Forum for RPs and general discussion in need of new blood. PM for details.
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

There have been Dwarves, too. And Tyranids could be the descendants of Lizardmen. :lol:

No, really, I don't think there is a connection like that.

Bye
Thanee
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

According to GW the two worlds are completely separate, and in any case it wouldn't work since the Eldar were supposed to have ruled the galaxy before humanity descended from the trees.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Masamune
Black Guard

Post by Masamune »

While there are obvious similarities between the races of each game I am pretty sure there is no chronological connection. I think this is more being starved for creativity than any indication that all these races survived 40,000+ years into the future.

Chaos would probably be the only exception that is consistent between the two though that doesn't mean the Chaos in fantasy is the same Chaos in 40k, no matter how similar - they are different universes.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Warhammer World used to be considered one of the worlds lost in the Eye of Terror in 40k... and since any world lost in Eye of Terror is pretty much out of the picture and completely random, you're free to stay with that theory.

But officially the worlds are completely separate. (40k universe being based on the very far future of our world while fantasy is a fantasy world)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Svarthofthi
Executioner
Location: Within the nightmare twists and turns of Hag Graef.

Post by Svarthofthi »

I'm just waiting for the Emperor to show up and show those punks why its not a good thing to be a xeno.
"I have heard the call to power! Who of you can say you'd dare tread the same path as I?"
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

According to 40k fluff, the Emperor is among us and kickin'
7th edition army book:

Carolus
Executioner

Post by Carolus »

I wouldn't say kickin', but he is definately among us ;)
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

He's supposed to have big influence on major political figures ;)
7th edition army book:

Tethlis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tethlis »

Over the years, there have been many, many theories discussing the similarities between 40k and Fantasy. My absolute favorite rumor is that Sigmar was one of the lost primarchs from the First Founding, and that the Twin Tailed Comet that heralded his arrival was his stasis pod crashing onto the Fantasy world.

Ultimately though, this is completely unfounded. There is a lot that is incompatible between 40k and Fantasy, and I think GW is content to simply let them exist as separate universes, or that Fantasy is not the "prequel" to 40k. The 40k fluff clearly illustrates the history of the Eldar, humanity, the Emperor's departure from Terra to reunite the galaxy, etc.
There is no escape from Chaos. It marks us all.