How do Lizardmen work

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Dustin888
Trainee Warrior

How do Lizardmen work

Post by Dustin888 »

Hey Guys,
I was wondering if any of you know something about how lizardmen work, because I'm very intrested in them.
Thanks in advance.
Eolelfslayer
Dark Rider

Post by Eolelfslayer »

Hello,
well they work rather well.
They are a forgiving army to play, with access to spear wielding, scaled, cold blooded chaos warriors, some of the best monsters in the game, excellent combat characters, the best wizards in the game bar none and, most of all, they dont have any real lack in any department. They have flyiers, they have warmachines (that actually bite you too!) and have some of the best core in the game. No entry ir overpriced. Only complaints: never seen skinks used well by themselves, they tend 2 be just kroxigor fodder.
I hold a banner drenched in blood, I urge you to be brave
I lead you to your destiny, I lead you to your grave
Your bones will build my palaces, your eyes will stud my crown
For I am Khaine, the god of war, and I will cut you down.
Dustin888
Trainee Warrior

Post by Dustin888 »

And what does this engine of the gods thing?
I've read about upgrading a stegadon with it but I can't find what it does
Tethlis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tethlis »

Dustin888 wrote:And what does this engine of the gods thing?
I've read about upgrading a stegadon with it but I can't find what it does

Consider buying or borrowing the armybook if you're interested in collecting the army.

To summarize, the Engine has three different effects. It can inflict damage to nearby enemies, protect nearby Lizardmen units from ranged damage, or make magic easier to cast.

Lizardmen are golden in 8th edition. They were already strong, and now all of their units have a useful and viable role (some more than others, but everything is still quite good.) If you go with Lizardmen, you'll be picking a race that can reasonably take on any challenge.
There is no escape from Chaos. It marks us all.

Lord tsunami
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tsunami »

As a part time LM player i can just say that they work very well, but i think the druchii are much more interesting to play :)

i can recommend http://lustria-online.com/ to find out more (not nearly as awesome as dnet, but hey, what can you expect :P)