Ideas on other armies updates.

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Ideas on other armies updates.

Post by Saintofm »

What it says on the tin: With a large number of armies yet to go 8th edition, how do you think they'll change?

Since Dark Elves already have a number of discussions on this, including some I started, I'd like to leave them out of this.

Also, this is thread is about thoughts on armies yet updated, and try and focus on that.

My 2 cents:

Lizardmen:

Honestly I'm not sure. Add more living war machines maybe? I'm not sure. A stegasourus?

Dwarves: I'm hoping their runes and other magic items largely stay the same, as it makes them unique and makes sense they could come up with a wealth of items other races could not. If they get new units, maybe some of the slayer sub types from their own army during the storm of chaos campaign, or a new warmachine, or upgrades for the Gyrocopter.

Wood Elves: Great Stag Heavy Cavalry :burns: , nuff said.
I can also see maybe the Glade bow being a universal rule in the same manner as martial prowess is to high elves.

Beastmen: Centigores fast cavalry, their special champion becomes a hero. Probably their own warshrine.

Skaven: Do they really need another giant Lovecraftian horror in their army? I know, dumb question.

Brettonians: More upgrades on the hypogriff, maybe another unit of peasants. Possibly ones with scouts so they can go Robin Hood (we already have them somewhere in the classic range back when ordering buts was a breaze). Oh, and Pegasus riding lords and heroes can join pegasus knights.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Ideas on other armies updates.

Post by Calisson »

Just a side question:
Do you have any reasonable hint that anyone at GW would read this thread?
That might alter the answers it receives.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

Modelwise, we can expect more hugely costly plastic kits that can build two versions of an oversized warmachine or monster, and a clampack with a monopose hero model, plus a pricing update across the existing range of that army.
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Gnosis wrote:Modelwise, we can expect more hugely costly plastic kits that can build two versions of an oversized warmachine or monster, and a clampack with a monopose hero model, plus a pricing update across the existing range of that army.

Cynical as ever, eh? :lol:

Correct, of course, with one minor detail missing - one of the new big shiny things will fill an obvious tactical gap in the army (Like cannons for daemons :evil:)

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

That sounds like a letter from the marketing department.

Model Maker: I'm going to make a bad ars motorcycle for Chaos Marines!

Marketing Department Chathulu: So, I hear Daemons is almost complete.

"Yeah, just thought I make a new mini for a command choice for Chaos Marines since you have the rest of the team working High elves.

Marketing Department Chathulu: [Looks inquisitively at mini]. Pute a cannon on it.

Model maker: Hay say awesome!

Chathulu: Yes, minion, now put it in the Daemon codex.

Model Maker: Ok, guess it will work in 40K daemons.

CHathulu: No, fool! Put it in Fantasy as well.

Model Maker: Um, sir, I'm not sure that is a good idea...it doesn't really fit...

Marketing Chathulu: Do it or I will devour your soul!

That sound about right?
Cold73
Highborn

Post by Cold73 »

@saintofm...were you there during the conversation...
I can almost see it gone have the same way.
That still leaves for how on earth they decided to put the SoulRender in.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

No, I was on the wrong side of the pond I'm afraid, but that is the most logical thing I can think of.

Soul render I can see, espesialy as there are other steampunk aspects in the game (half the dwarf background fluff with mining, a helicopter, the empire steam tank, dwarf submersables, skavens stuff). That all said and done, the soul render can be enough of a steam punk thing to fit there. Upgrade it to have a stone thrower rules, and you have a mobile weapon's platform.

The other...no, can't do it, can't see it.