A close second on the badassery scale to Druchii, Goatmen

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Taijushue
Cold One Knight

A close second on the badassery scale to Druchii, Goatmen

Post by Taijushue »

I have decided to put my dark elves up for a bit and try something different, trying to get my bret opponent some wins. Right now I am looking into beastmen, I know they are outdated but I love the concept of them, thanks to universal battle I can try them out and see if they work with my style of play before I spend 1k+ building another army.

I started a 1.5k battle last night wasnt able to finish before it got to late. I am starting to figure out how their units work and getting used to their special rules. This first battle will most likely end in a draw, with 2 turns left I dont think I can physically catch enough of his units to get enough pts.

While bored at work today I put together a 3k list that I will tweak and refine once I am home and have the Army book to flesh out my magic items.

3k BEASTMEN
Lords: 583ish
Beastlord 248 w/items
lvl 4 (debating on death or beasts) 335 w/items
Heroes: 516
lvl 2 shadow herdstone 160
lvl 2 shadow chalice 150
bsb beast banner (+1S to unit) 2+ armor 206
Core: 754
Chariot 80
Chariot 80
28 gors ahw FC 249
28 gors ahw FC 249
6 ungor raiders 36
10 ungor raiders (bunker for lvl 2) 60
Special: 1102
5 harpies (scout) 70
5 harpies (scout) 70
1 razorgor 55
1 razorgor 55
26 bestigors fc +1ld banner (general and lvl 4 go here) 357
9 Minos 495

Once I am home and can double check points I will either fill the remaining points with FC for the minos or a few units of hounds.....
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Re: A close second on the badassery scale to Druchii, Goatme

Post by Dalamar »

From what I know about beastmen (which is next to nothing) I can tell that *it needs moar chariots*

I'd say at least a third of the army in chariots... so in 3k that's 1k worth of chariots... 12 core chariots!
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16