Bretonian Items not around on the GW site. Good or bad news

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Bretonian Items not around on the GW site. Good or bad news

Post by Saintofm »

What it says on the tin.

Only the charecters for the most parts, the pegasie, adn a few of the core are still there.

So this means one of 2 things:

1. They will be one of the new armies that will come out which leaves to a few theories.
If I had to guess Questing Knights and Grail Knights will be like all the other Eleite units and go packs that can go wither or.

Might get our robinhood unit and charecter.

There is plenty of lore with wood elves, so plenty of reason to use them, and its all but bluntly stated our Lady of the Mists is the Lady of the Lake.

We'll know by November hopefully.

Or

2. They kill them off and go the way of zoats.

Thoughts, ideas, November or December Release?
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Re: Pretonian Items not around on the GW site. Good or bad n

Post by Haagrum »

Given that they're an old model range, have very few valid playing styles, and play a significant part in the End Times: Nagash books, I'd be guessing they'll get a fairly comprehensive revamp for 9th edition or for a new book release ahead of Christmas 2014 or in 2015.

They're probably the main candidates for getting Squatted in WFB, but I don't see it happening.
"The wrath of a good man is not to be feared. They have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Pretonian Items not around on the GW site. Good or bad n

Post by Saintofm »

I can't see any of them getting that. Beastmen maybe but they all have a large number of moddles that look awsoem, all the armies have had to have time and money put in for the redesigns and updates, and oh, the color pictures and photshopping. Time, effort, and electricity to run the computers.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Bretonian Items not around on the GW site. Good or bad n

Post by Calisson »

Rumours told Brets were due for July (obviously the rumours were a little premature).
I imagine Brets have been studied thoroughly (hence the rumours) and are close to be released, but the commercial decision was to release End of Time campaign first (3 or 4 tomes), which impacts all players potentially, rather than a single army.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Khaleth Blackheart
Would-be Seerlord or Quack doctor

Post by Khaleth Blackheart »

Last I heard of the Bret's they were going to be released during the end times and were being labelled as the saviours of the empire. But can't remember where I heard that and it may have been completely made up :P but it would make some sense I think.
Curse_Bearer
Shade

Post by Curse_Bearer »

From the End Times fluff Bretonnia has been completely ravaged but Luis Breton (sp?) has begun an Errantry War to cleanse their land of evil (undead, daemons). I could easily see updated rules+allying with Empire in a future ET book, which if the rumors above are true, would mean Bretonnia comes to the rescue of the Empire in a huge way. We'll have to wait and see.