'Control' Eldar list - 1500

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Cynath ch'ill
Noble

'Control' Eldar list - 1500

Post by Cynath ch'ill »

Elrad Ulthran. – 210

Auturach – Mandiblasters, laser lance, jetbike. – 120.

3 jetbikes - 64

10 dire avengers – exarch with blade strom, defend and multiple shuriken catapult. - 155

8 warp spiders – Exarch with withdraw - 196

6 harlequins, 6 armed with kiss’, shadow seer with kiss. - 174

Wraithlord – brightlance - 130

Fire Prism vectored engines - 145

5 Dark reapers, Tempest launcher, double shot - 210
Vyper 1 – 2 shuriken cannons - 60

Vyper 2 – 2 shuriken cannons – 60

THis army is based on control. The warp spiders and Auturach should do a decent job of holding up any close combat squad's, or just drop back and use in conjunction with Harlies as i fire at threats.

Any critique's or suggestions welcome.

Thanks
Grandmaster ej
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Grandmaster ej »

Not to say that it wont work, but its not my kind of eldar list, so take what i say with 'a pinch of salt'

take you jet bike unit in a unit of 4 and give them a shuriken cannon so that A, when it comes to working out victory points it 4 will work in your favour rather than 3 (odd numbers are bad), and a shuriken cann means they will actually be worth having other than just taking up a troops slot

Take holofields and spirit stones on any eldar tanks that you take, this makes them practically indestructable, literally.

consider taking a scatter laser and a shuriken cannon on your wraith lord as bright lances cost a lot of points.

tempest launchers are rubbish, and fast shot doesnt double your shots it adds one shot extra

5 man units of dire avengers with nothing else, works great, they ALWAYS make their points up and can protect your charracters sufficiently, a great use of points

i think you need more anti tank... take another fire prism or a falcon, id take 2 tanks rather than just one, perhaps sacrefice the wraithlord they dont do well in tournaments as eldar are better suited to fast armies

hope this helps, sorry if it sounds too harsh
Chuck Norris does not hunt because the word hunting infers the possability of failure. Chuck Norris goes killing.
Warpix
Beastmaster

Post by Warpix »

EJ seems to have made some very good points, and I agree with most of what he had said here, but personally, if you want to run those Dark Reapers, you should give the Exarch Crack Shot, this way, he ignores cover saves and re-rolls to wound, so he should be doing more damage for you. Taking Holofields and Spirit Stones on every vehicle that can take them, is not so much of an option, but more of a necessity. If you have a wraithlord, giving him a Bright Lance and a missile launcher will normally work for anti-armor, but any veteran player should know how to take these down, I wouldn't even bother with using a Wraithlord anymore if this list is meant for tournaments, if meant for normal games, then go ahead. Actually, if you're alright with it, if you drop your Wraithlord and Jetbikes, then you could take another Fire Prism with upgrades.

Hope this helps.
Drak'Ne
W6/S3/T3/D5/I3
Equipment: Short and Long Sword, 2xDagger, 20G, Cloak, Pendant
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy, Basic Defensive Fighting
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

If I'm not mistaken you only have one troops choice in there. Illegal list?
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Cynath ch'ill
Noble

Post by Cynath ch'ill »

HEy thanks for the crit. Not too harsh at all, your opinion should make this a better list.

I've had my doubts about the wraithlord, but i'm still attatched to him and his BS4 brightlance. HE's one of the only anti-tank weapon's i have.

The dire avengers and the jetbikes constitute two troops slots - not an illegal list i believe. My reasoning behind the jetbikes was to have a zcoring unit at the end of the game. I doubt they will do mush but claim a table quater or send them on a suicide if needed.

Sorry typo on the 'double shot' - just slipped through the net. Mite just drop it for an eldar missle launcher.

This list has yet to be play tested, so i'll take this list and write up another with suggested changes included.

THanks
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Last I checked jetbikes were fast attack. If they've changed it for 4th edition it must have slipped my mind.
ImageImageImageImage
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

Jetbikes are troops. Page 64 of Eldar codex.
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

I am educated.
ImageImageImageImage