Eldar Revenant Titan: Fluff an colors from WD 186

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Kuanor
Black Guard

Eldar Revenant Titan: Fluff an colors from WD 186

Post by Kuanor »

Heeelp!!!

No I do not have some, I'm searching for.
White Dwarf 186 was, as far as I read here, the one where the Revenant released the first time for Epic.

Now I'm working on a big Armorcast one and what I need are fluff details, such as correct banner symbolism, number of pilots, whether or not the Rev has an infinity circuit, etc. Things like this can be found for the Phantom Titan in the very first Codex Titanicus, but not for the Revenant, which did not yet exist at that time. So my only hope is this WD because nobody would know something like that from memory and online I also didn't find answers.

Does anyone have it and can tell me something about this?
Pease, at least somebody? :cry:
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

You have the Armorcast Titan? ? :shock:

... my envy knows no bounds.

I believe the pilots are multiple in a Titan, but I'm not sure how many or if a number has been published for the Revenant. As I recall the pilots of Titans are often related and sometimes even twins or triplets (which indicates at least 3 are needed). I think (and this is casting my mind back a ways) they shared a psychic link when driving the Titan and isn't the Revenant the psychic one so to speak? With a psychic weapon?

I hope it's allowed to post links, as I have found an index of White Dwarf issues that would tell you what was in each one:

http://www.gamehobby.net/white_dwarf_magazine/white_dwarf_127.html

You can just choose the one you want from the dropdown on the left, it seems pretty comprehensive. I hope this helps :)

- Syjahel
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Brad
Executioner

Post by Brad »

I just pulled the issue in question and had a look through the article, but couldn't find a great amount of detail. It definately confirms that there is a Spirit Stone but doesn't, AFAICT, mention much else.

For banners and symbols, the only ones I can see in the photos appear to be Craftworld symbols (the Alaitoc moon/sword thingy on the legs and banners on the arm weapons) and a sort of thorny infinity thingy on the head.
A missive from the desk of Kylekin, Prince of Nhaeroth, Land of the Setting Sun

8th ed stats (W/L/D)
DE: 1/0/0
DoC: 2/1/0
Empire: 0/1/0
WoC: 0/1/0
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Oh I'd love to see WIP pictures of this. Please provide many of them.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Tu'shan
Noble

Post by Tu'shan »

I have the forge world bad boy, and judging from that you have one pilot, who sits in the head, no infinity circuit though as far as I can make out. I would have thought your best bet was just to image search them and see what shows up from what other people have created.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
Kuanor
Black Guard

Post by Kuanor »

Oh, you found my old thread! ^^

Well, I should report what happened since last year: not much…
I haven't done anything since for 40k at all and the Titan still lies in parts. (As my Phantom does…) If you want to see pics:
http://www.forenplanet.de/showthread.ph ... adid=21684
(Just scroll through and ignore the german comments. ^^)

In meantime I had found the WD 186 on ebay, Brad’s comment came too late.

@ Tu’Shan: The Armorcast and the FW ones are quite different constructions and the AC one indeed can have several crew members.
Searching images: What other people did they did probably not knowing more than we do, so it’s not worth trying to interpret or search a common idea in that all. My question here was mainly about canon fluff, not beautiful ideas (witch are also nice to see, of course).

Edit: Oh, didn’t notice the answers were already that old. :oops: