Unluckiest of Games

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Grimma
Executioner

Unluckiest of Games

Post by Grimma »

Dice can be fickle and I don't like to blame luck for losing games but I played Eldar vs an Ork biker hoard the other day which went a little something like this... Avatar gets shot and fails 2 invul saves, assaults and hits once and fails to wound. Is then attacked back and fails 2 more invul saves. He dies in round 2. Pathfinders fail to wound in 4 rounds of shooting. Fire Dragons with Exarch got 1 round of shooting and failed to hit - then died. Storm Guardians with 28 attacks charge a single biker fail to wound (that's right, didn't even force a save) in TWO rounds of combat AND the bike unit was doomed. 10 Banshees plus Farseer get attacked by biker squad, kill 1 guy and are then destroyed - that makes 5 failed invul saves out of 5. Dire Avengers are shot at and lose three models, roll 12 for the leadership test and then 11 for fall back and they are off the table. Almost exactly the same thing happens to a Guardian unit (that made a total of 4 failed leadership tests out of 5 for the game). And just to top this off by round 5 I had one wave serpent with no weapons and a walker left so decide to go for glory and ram some rocket launcher vehicle thingies he had. Roll a 6 for armour penetration (YEAH) roll a 1 for damage (OH) and my Wave Serpent is now stopped over a piece of difficult terrain... what do you think I rolled as a dangerous terrain test... *1*.

I finished the game wondering what the hell I had done to deserve those dice rolls. At least it was a quick game :lol:
UNSEEN LERKER MAGAZINE - It'll make you happier than a Corsair in a Bretonnian orphanage.
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

yes, but those are eldar... after reading on warseer about a guy that failed 90 to wound on 3+ with 90 dices... that was terrible.
"If you're going to leave anyone alive, enslave it!"

RP: Group 27
Ulric Darksoul
WS:5 S:4 T:3 D:5 I:3
Equipment:
- Short sword, dagger, bastard sword 5 throwing stars and Ritual Dagger.
- Sea Dragon Cloak (dark green with dark blue scales)
- 1 healing balm (H) 4 healing balms
120g+12g

Skills: Controlled frenzy, two-weapons fighting
Grimma
Executioner

Post by Grimma »

The question now is what suitable punishment should be dealt to my dice. I've heard of placing them in a circle with one in the middle and smashing it with a hammer. Any other suggestions on 'motivational programs' for under performing dice?
UNSEEN LERKER MAGAZINE - It'll make you happier than a Corsair in a Bretonnian orphanage.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

How would you select the one in the center?
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Grimma
Executioner

Post by Grimma »

Roll for it?
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

What you do is buy a new pack of dice... Destroy the old ones and make the new ones watch as you use a blow torch to melt each failure slowly...

Show them the price of being unlucky dice.
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

remember that "unlucky" dice isn't always the ones that usually roll 1's and 2's... they are always good for moral checks.

Now, if those dices (with the dots painted) "choose" to roll 6's if your opponent rolls them but 1's if you roll them, then go for Zardock's solution.
"If you're going to leave anyone alive, enslave it!"

RP: Group 27
Ulric Darksoul
WS:5 S:4 T:3 D:5 I:3
Equipment:
- Short sword, dagger, bastard sword 5 throwing stars and Ritual Dagger.
- Sea Dragon Cloak (dark green with dark blue scales)
- 1 healing balm (H) 4 healing balms
120g+12g

Skills: Controlled frenzy, two-weapons fighting